Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered Nema 14-50 adapter for Mobile Charger...no tracking on shipping. 🤷🏾‍♂️

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if this is the correct thread to post this, but...here goes anyway...
So I had a 14-50 50amp outlet installed in my garage the other day and ordered a Nema 14-50 adapter for my Mobile Charger, however, I’m not sure when it’s supposed to arrive. Tesla order went through ok and there was no notice that item was not in stock but Tesla has not supplied a tracking # for my order and it’s been 3 days already since I placed order.
Is this normal practice for Tesla to not give shipping tracking # or should I be concerned that it’s possible item was not actually in stock and back ordered?
I’d like to start charging my M3P in my garage ASAP, since the 5-20 is dreadfully slow and I don’t wanna have to go and pay for SuperCharger again if I don’t have to, although there’s one just blocks from my house.
Anyone recently order a 14-50 adapter from Tesla?
How long did it take for delivery and did you receive a shipping tracking # before delivery?

Thanks

You should receive an email when your order is confirmed (received) by Tesla. You should then get a follow-up email saying the part(s) have shipped. Within that email is a tracking number (in my case, FedEx). In several cases over the last two years, the time between confirmation and shipment has been one day. YMMV.

• Informative
Reactions: Wood1030
You should receive an email when your order is confirmed (received) by Tesla. You should then get a follow-up email saying the part(s) have shipped. Within that email is a tracking number (in my case, FedEx). In several cases over the last two years, the time between confirmation and shipment has been one day. YMMV.
Thanks for reply.
That’s what concerns me...it’s been 3 days since order and no shipping email. Order was confirmed soon after I placed it and I’ve placed orders for other items from T b4 and they shipped within 2 days, but my concern is it might be back ordered since I’ve received no other notification since original order confirmation. Order page however makes no mention of item being on back order.

I just checked the Tesla Shop for the Gen 2 NEMA adapters. There are several of them that are currently listed as out of stock but the 14-50 is not one of them. Maybe something happened during the holiday weekend that slowed / delayed your order? You could try emailing them at [email protected] and reference the shop order number,

A possible alternative is to contact EVSEadapters.com and see how fast you can get this:

edit: I did check some of my previous orders and found that one time when I ordered two NEMA adapters they were shipped separately. When I received the package it only had one adapter so I contacted them and asked if the other adapter was on backorder. The (quick) response was that it would be shipped soon and that I would get an email to that effect. That happened the next day. What initially worried me was that my credit card was charged for both adapters.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wood1030
I just checked the Tesla Shop for the Gen 2 NEMA adapters. There are several of them that are currently listed as out of stock but the 14-50 is not one of them. Maybe something happened during the holiday weekend that slowed / delayed your order? You could try emailing them at [email protected] and reference the shop order number,

A possible alternative is to contact EVSEadapters.com and see how fast you can get this:

That’s what I’m thinking too. The holiday may have slowed things down a day or two.
Thanks for that link. I wish I had known of it b4...would’ve ordered that one instead...for $
5 less. 😄👍🏽

EVSEadapters have several types of NEMA plugs that Tesla does not offer. My understanding is that they obtain genuine Tesla adapters, remove the plug and wire in whatever type of plug they want. I believe that the original temperature sensor is retained, but don't quote me on it.

EVSEadapters have several types of NEMA plugs that Tesla does not offer. My understanding is that they obtain genuine Tesla adapters, remove the plug and wire in whatever type of plug they want. I believe that the original temperature sensor is retained, but don't quote me on it.

Good to know. 👍🏽

No, watch them carefully.
My last order got lost somehow: got a fedex tracking number but FedEx never got the package.
It took several weeks and several emails before they fixed it.
I suspect my order from June 14th is lost too. The tracking indicates only shipping information was received-no package. I have emailed them.
1625761115318.png

If you're in a hurry Service Centers often stock.
Hey, thanks. I should've just gone there first. I did, however, just get a delivery notification from Fed Ex, yesterday, saying it would be delivered today, Saturday, but then this morning got another notification that delivery is delayed til Monday. At least finally it's in motion. Also, Tesla account page just updated today with tracking info. 👍🏽

Reactions: dmurphy
I ordered a few items from Tesla (4 sets of mats, key fob, charger) and the only items have shipped are two of the mats. I received tracking numbers at 4 days and 6 days after I ordered and they shipped a few days after.

FedEx is backed up and I assume Tesla warehouses are too! The one tracking number took a few days to update after being created but that’s the same as anything else I’ve ordered recently. Hopefully you get it soon!

Interesting, good to know the dates from here. I ordered like 6 accessories right after I got my car and everything shipped out within 1 day. But the last 3 things that I ordered in the last 3 days still haven't shipped, wondering if it is just out of stock or they are having some trouble.. Like one of the items is the cable organizer which is out of stock now but was in stock for a few days after I ordered it..