Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered new MX performance.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m so excited. I had to sell my p100d (personal reasons) but now I’m in a better position and today I placed an order for my new model x. I’m so excited to have this car back, I’ve missed it.

I went with the performance/gray/white 6 seat interior. Tesla is saying 3-8 weeks which will be hard but worth it.

on my old mx I had a blackvue dash cam installed and I had it opti coated. I’m pretty sure I’ll do the opti coat again.

Any other mods I should do right away? Eventually I want to do a chrome delete and get some t sportline rims.

thank you :) and yeah you’re probably right about the ppf. Do you remember which brand you bought and how much it cost for install?

major brands are xpel, suntek, stek .. I have used all three on different cars over the years ..on the X I have stek film ...normally for front half u can expect to pay ~1200-1500 depending on installer ..but well worth it imo

Congratulations the Tesla grin never fades when you drive in ludicrous everyday.

I would suggest yes PPF is a must. I got my entire MX covered for $5k USD. I also had windows tinted, 22” wheels ceramic coated, chrome delete, ceramic coated the ppf, and also ceramic coated the interior for better protection on the white seats. Ask about the Xpel Stealth look as an option.

I think the first I’ll do the opticoat and ppf. Then I’ll do the chrome delete and tsportline rims. I might get the blackvue again but I’m not 100% on that. It was a great camera I just don’t know if I need it. Was good piece of mind though.

Man I really gotta go test drive one, I think if I trade in, I will go for a performance and 22" black wheels. black exterior, white seats and black trim interior.

If you live an area with poor roads or potholes, I strongly recommend against the 22” rim.

I absolutely hate the tires and rims on my model 3 performance. Even when I’m careful, I get a bent rim or low tire pressure warning. They are a pita, and because they have no sidewall the slightest of imperfections in the road will bend your rim or pop the bead on the tire. If I keep my 3, I’m going to get rid of those rims/wheels.

5624F8A2-4732-4F5E-A438-8BBCE116342F.jpeg
:):)
If you live an area with poor roads or potholes, I strongly recommend against the 22” rim.

I absolutely hate the tires and rims on my model 3 performance. Even when I’m careful, I get a bent rim or low tire pressure warning. They are a pita, and because they have no sidewall the slightest of imperfections in the road will bend your rim or pop the bead on the tire. If I keep my 3, I’m going to get rid of those rims/wheels.

But they look sooooo good.

They look great, but they are very heavy and come with sticky tires that hurt range. Go for aftermarket which will be cheaper, lighter and you can pick low rolling resistance tires.

I think that is good advice, do you have any recommendations, preferably black as well? Does aftermarket hurt your warranty? I know that may sound ridiculous, but it's for example the case with Porsche.

I think that is good advice, do you have any recommendations, preferably black as well? Does aftermarket hurt your warranty? I know that may sound ridiculous, but it's for example the case with Porsche.

i have a porsche and my HRE aftermarket wheels never affected my porsche warranty.

and 22s are heavy and decrease range. yet, i don't care. the look makes up for it and the car gets the charge it needs anytime.

granted i will be swapping down to the 20s for the winter months with the all-season tires, so the 22s are only for the spring/summer/early fall.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
i have a porsche and my HRE aftermarket wheels never affected my porsche warranty.

and 22s are heavy and decrease range. yet, i don't care. the look makes up for it and the car gets the charge it needs anytime.

granted i will be swapping down to the 20s for the winter months with the all-season tires, so the 22s are only for the spring/summer/early fall.

I have a Porsche as well and the warranty would be gone with aftermarket wheels, but might be different across regions.

Range is not my main concern either, so i might just go for it due to the looks. How much does it affect the ride and handling? I was only able to test drive models with the 20" wheels.

I have a Porsche as well and the warranty would be gone with aftermarket wheels, but might be different across regions.

Range is not my main concern either, so i might just go for it due to the looks. How much does it affect the ride and handling? I was only able to test drive models with the 20" wheels.

what porsche? thats bizarre. never heard of that ever unless you are driving a 918 Spyder. :)

ride is fine and handling is a improved (to me), since its a lower profile tire and wider than the 20s. the air suspension makes a major difference too.

Porsche does not void your warranty for aftermarket rims or tires unless they cause a issue and even then it would only effect that specific issue. There is a law in the US that actually blocks automakers from voiding the warranty because of aftermarket parts.