Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered! Now when will I see it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla just called (not my DS) and said my car is now in pre-production and should finish production next week or the week after. Delivery is still expected to happen mid to late December.

WOOHOO!!!

Screen Shot 2016-11-19 at 6.19.53 PM.jpg

wow, so excited for you and jealous. When was your VIN assigned? Did you have calls from the DS/Tesla first or did you just check online?

My VIN was assigned on 10/27, my DS sent me an email a few days ago stating that I will get the car in Dec, then I received the production confirmation email 2 hours ago. Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised as I was expecting to be notified sometime after Thanksgiving!

I just went and updated the online delivery spreadsheet as well.

My VIN was assigned on 10/27, my DS sent me an email a few days ago stating that I will get the car in Dec, then I received the production confirmation email 2 hours ago. Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised as I was expecting to be notified sometime after Thanksgiving!

I just went and updated the online delivery spreadsheet as well.
Interesting. I got my VIN either that day or a few days before. Still nothing from the DS.

I think that is a function of where you live. I can see that being possible if you are on the west coast but the way my DS explained the process that would be highly unlikely for the east coast.

I live in Nashville and my understanding is that there is a Tesla rail hub in Birmingham, AL and I live only 2.5 hours from that location. From there it gets shipped via truck so you may be on to something in that I happen to live close to an ideal distribution point.