Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered! Now when will I see it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my status changed today from "in queue" to "In production" !!!
I did not get an email, just noticed the change in MyTesla

Our 90d order was confirmed 10/18
We live in the Los Angeles area ( Orange County )

I was laughing yesterday and wondering if it would soon enter production as my delivery window was showing "late November to December "
Thinking late November wasn't happening!
That estimate hasn't been updated after entering production
I was really hoping to take delivery before year end for the tax credit, so it looks like that will happen for sure

So my status changed today from "in queue" to "In production" !!!
I did not get an email, just noticed the change in MyTesla

Our 90d order was confirmed 10/18
We live in the Los Angeles area ( Orange County )

I was laughing yesterday and wondering if it would soon enter production as my delivery window was showing "late November to December "
Thinking late November wasn't happening!
That estimate hasn't been updated after entering production
I was really hoping to take delivery before year end for the tax credit, so it looks like that will happen for sure
so lucky....so jealous...

I was confirmed a few days later but still no update :(

Don't rely on your DS to tell you anything of value....

I confirmed a fully loaded P100D in AUGUST! with an expected delivery date of end of September. It was rescheduled twice to end of November/December, my (useless) DS told me that I should expect it prior to Thanksgiving. Guess what..just checked my status page and the date has been pushed out yet again to December early January. I hope this is not one of those Fremont Delivery that is pushed out to EOQ. What a crock. (this is my 5th Tesla so I know the score, but NEVER this bad).

I ordered the white "recommended" seats. In any case, the design page states if I order today, the configuration I ordered is "late December" (sounds like bait and switch at this point). I was told white seats delayed the first delivery, however, the DS told me expect delivery before Thanksgiving (he is useless). What really gets my goat is that they are churning out plenty of P100Ds to EV-CPO.

Don't rely on your DS to tell you anything of value....

I confirmed a fully loaded P100D in AUGUST! with an expected delivery date of end of September. It was rescheduled twice to end of November/December, my (useless) DS told me that I should expect it prior to Thanksgiving. Guess what..just checked my status page and the date has been pushed out yet again to December early January. I hope this is not one of those Fremont Delivery that is pushed out to EOQ. What a crock. (this is my 5th Tesla so I know the score, but NEVER this bad).

I ordered the white "recommended" seats. In any case, the design page states if I order today, the configuration I ordered is "late December" (sounds like bait and switch at this point). I was told white seats delayed the first delivery, however, the DS told me expect delivery before Thanksgiving (he is useless). What really gets my goat is that they are churning out plenty of P100Ds to EV-CPO.
I was wondering, do they let you switch to an inventory car that's close enough to what you have on order? That sounds like a ridiculous wait time.

I was wondering, do they let you switch to an inventory car that's close enough to what you have on order? That sounds like a ridiculous wait time.
I probably could, but why should I. I was told multiple times my car was just about to enter production, which apparently was BS. The exact same configuration as mine if I confirmed today (based upon the Design page) is expected delivery late December. Is that true? Not likely. Unless of course since I am Fremont delivery they can push me out as far as they like without any transportation issues, but the last thing I want is an EOQ push car (been there done that).

I was wondering, do they let you switch to an inventory car that's close enough to what you have on order?....

When I saw there were inventory cars with AP2, I emailed and called my DS to get mine switch to one of the inventory car. They didn't seem to care how different they were. So, instead of waiting for a late December delivery, I'm picking up mine this Wednesday. Just 2 days away. :)

When I saw there were inventory cars with AP2, I emailed and called my DS to get mine switch to one of the inventory car. They didn't seem to care how different they were. So, instead of waiting for a late December delivery, I'm picking up mine this Wednesday. Just 2 days away. :)
Thanks again. One thing: did you do this during your one-week change period before locking in the configuration, or after?

My DS called today and told me my car is slated for production the week of the 12th. That's less than a month after I confirmed (11/17). The status on My Tesla hasn't updated though; still shows the original Late Dec. - Early Jan. estimate. Fingers crossed for delivery this year.
I should be picking up in Houston around the same time, Pro Forma delivery estimate is 12/20. I have no idea how accurate that is. DS said my "production slot" was early December