Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ordered on 4/12 at 38490 can i give my order to someone else?

Drdvrgs

May 6, 2021
Oxnard
im buying a used model X, can i "give" my order to someone else? and they just change their information/ email on the account or is this not allowed?
i ordered a m3 at 38490 base model (i can still change it to long range or performance)
the price has gone up 1k for the base model

someone offered to take it from me and they would give me some $$$
is this against tos?

bjrosen

Apr 19, 2019
Westford MA
You'll have to ask Tesla, I doubt that they would allow it. They are raising prices because they can, demand is high and the rest of the auto industry is also raising prices because of the chip shortage. They have a contract with you at the old price, don't see why they would want to allow you to transfer that contract to someone else unless it's at the new price.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC