Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered on Jan 1, Estimated Delivery is now blank ...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

lowtek

Jan 2, 2020
Alabama, USA
When I placed my X order on Jan 1 the estimated delivery said 2-4 weeks, now there is just a dash in that field.

I'm posting to just make sure there is nothing Tesla is waiting for me on. I'm at the point to where their system is asking for proof of insurance and says they are "drafting [my] contract and will contact me for final payment".

Assuming I should take this literally and just chill for a few weeks?

When I placed my X order on Jan 1 the estimated delivery said 2-4 weeks, now there is just a dash in that field.

I'm posting to just make sure there is nothing Tesla is waiting for me on. I'm at the point to where their system is asking for proof of insurance and says they are "drafting [my] contract and will contact me for final payment".

Assuming I should take this literally and just chill for a few weeks?

In my experience, the estimated delivery field on the web site or an order is never correct. Cars are built in batches targeting certain markets.

But if it is asking for proof of insurance be sure to stick a photo of you insurance card in there.

I ordered my XP Jan 1st. and was quoted 4-7 weeks delivery. So I was expecting my X around end of jan to mid feb. Got a email jan. 24th to say welcome to the Tesla family and that my vehicle was expected to be delivered between March 15 to March 30th. I was obviously shocked and after back and forth emails of my disappointment as to why the delivery is more than double of what I was originally quoted, all they would respond with is “we apologize, thanks for your understanding. Numerous emails since, trying to get answers, have gone unanswered. According to the site, if I were to order a XP today it shows a 4-8 week delivery time, which is a mid February-mid March delivery, which is sooner than the one I ordered jan. 1st. Very very disappointed.