Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered P90D 5 Seater in March - No Response

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone help me out as to why I have not received my P90D Model X? I ordered it in March at a cost of $135,000 and I am not getting any response from Tesla as to the projected delivery date. When I'm at the sales centers I cannot get a straight answer. They all look up my reservation and say - Gee I really don't know the projected delivery date.

I read somewhere there could be a design FLAW?

Can someone on this board (it's a shame I have to come to a BLOG) to find out what's going on.

TIA

If you look in the design studio it stands under the 5 seat option that it will be available in the end of the year. Exactly why I don't know but this have been there for long time and I think it have been there when you order yours. It haven't been reported that anyone how have ordered a 5 seat Model X have got there car even in to production.

Yeah, I can tell you the problem. It's called a 5 seater. They don't exist. No one has a valid VIN with such a configuration, even if you try to confirm the 2 European chaps claiming 5 seat VINs, even @vperl. I cant tell you why TM has avoided discussing them, but Many Many people who ordered 5 seaters are happily driving 6-7 seaters now, having upgraded. I changed from 5 to 6 seats on 6/9, received a VIN within 24 hours, and was just told by my DS today that my car has finished production and looking to possibly deliver car to me in Denver on 7/21 or 7/22, 42 days after I did the upgrade of my 90D. If you want your car faster, upgrade from 5 seats to 6 or 7. You should not have a long wait at all.

Just a wild guess - removing the 3rd row components requires a design change and it's the last thing they want to get to. It also deletes Smart Air Suspension which means they have to come up with regular suspension that doesn't exist (yet).

Purely speculation on my part, but I think Tesla may be designing a 2nd row with foldable seats for the 5-seat config. There is no reason to have the current complicated setup which provides easy access to the third row. Foldable seats would enhance the utility of the vehicle, and likely be a welcome change to anyone interested in the five seat config.

Again, pure speculation on my part, but it would explain the delay.

I have it from a reliable source in Hawthorne that there is no reason to wait on a folding 2nd row because there is no current or future plans for a second row that folds. I heard it from someone very senior at TM one month ago. While we all wished for this, it just is not in their plans. And 5 seaters will not see the light of day till the end of Q4 at the earliest. Upgrade and be happier. I did and will be parking in my garage with summons one week from today!

• Informative
Reactions: beths11
I am one of the "upgraders" who was pretty unhappy at changing to the 6-seater. But, like many others, i changed to a 6-seater and my car immediately went into production. In the meantime i got a look at the 6-seater and i am so glad that i made the change, as the 2-2-2 seems like a much more comfortable and accessible setup. Picking it up tomorrow.