Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered the cheapest 70D ever recorded on EV-CPO... it went amazing!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2015 70D 41k miles for $47,400. Disclaimer though, this was a pretty bare bones model, with no options selected at all. No Smart Air, No Pano, No Leather. However with it being a 2015 late model, this means that the car has alot of the things that were options in the previous year's "tech package". So Keyless entry, folding mirrors, and other things are included. (INTERESTING BONUS: The car only said it had Autopilot Hardware, but didn't say it was enabled. Even EV-CPO showed that autopilot was not on the car. When I picked it up, Autopilot was enabled and ready to be used, no additional cost)

I gotta be honest though, after putting the deposit down, I read the posts on the forum and was worried that I would get a trashed model S. I mean someone who ordered their model S with no options at all cant be a tesla fan right? i assume it was just someone that was trying to get from point a to b which is usually someone that never cleans their car or washes it and parks it wherever they can fit.

I placed an order on a Friday night. An OA reached out to me Monday morning and sent me the pictures of the car. The pictures looked like they were taken with an iphone 4 or something though, could barely make out any of the details of the car. Everything looked good though, so I proceeded. Did financing through Tesla the next day. Later that day they told me the car was ready, but that the service center needs atleast 48 hours to prepare the car, so Thursday was the first available day. Ordered to sitting in my garage in 6 days.

The car was in almost PERFECT condition. Someone on here said Tesla doesn't detail their cars? Mine was definitely detailed. Inside and out was in immaculate new condition. The paint was buttery smooth like its just been waxed. To a point where people will probably believe me if i told them I bought this new today. The only way you can tell there was some imperfections was 3 very small rock chips on the hood/bumper. Very small battle scars for a car thats been driving 40k miles. Tires were also new.

Overall I'm extremely pleased. My car probably was better than any of the cars tesla sold when they did refurbish cars. Did I win the luck lottery? Probably. I just thought I should put in a good word because not all the CPO's out there are just dirty messes. Big thumbs up to my local store Buena Park Tesla and the staff there.

oh yea, the car didn't have the LTE upgraded yet, I paid $500 to get it upgraded to LTE.

Last edited:
With it being the cheapest 70D also means its the cheapest dual motor model S tesla has sold as well and since it was under 50k miles it still carries the 4 year / 50k miles warranty. I also didn't have a destination charge since the car was at the exact dealer I wanted to pick it up from

2018-05-24 16.29.02.jpg
2018-05-24 17.00.32.jpg
2018-05-26 16.13.21.jpg
2018-05-26 16.13.33.jpg

Last edited:
You got an amazing deal, but don't be surprised if the Autopilot turns off after 30 days.

I'm not too surprised that a barebones one was simply because the owner likely cared a lot since it was so much of his/her money.

Absolutely the only detracting thing from the car is that damn sticker that you have to have on it. God that thing is ugly.

You got an amazing deal, but don't be surprised if the Autopilot turns off after 30 days.

I'm not too surprised that a barebones one was simply because the owner likely cared a lot since it was so much of his/her money.

Absolutely the only detracting thing from the car is that damn sticker that you have to have on it. God that thing is ugly.

I should clarify that the online page only said Autopilot Hardware, but on my actual spec build paper that was handed to me, it says Autopilot Enabled and my OA confirmed the car has autopilot enabled.. so I believe i'm safe! *cross fingers*

yea, the sticker is pretty ugly, but man driving in the carpool by myself is a godsend sometimes. it goes away January 1st 2019 though for my vehicle (and all used cars before 2015) they're switching to the insanely bright red sticker. If you think white is ugly.. get a load of the new one.

I should clarify that the online page only said Autopilot Hardware, but on my actual spec build paper that was handed to me, it says Autopilot Enabled and my OA confirmed the car has autopilot enabled.. so I believe i'm safe! *cross fingers*

yea, the sticker is pretty ugly, but man driving in the carpool by myself is a godsend sometimes. it goes away January 1st 2019 though for my vehicle (and all used cars before 2015) they're switching to the insanely bright red sticker. If you think white is ugly.. get a load of the new one.

My CPO advisor has confirmed to me in great detail that any CPO cars that has AP hardware will be sold with the software also enabled.
So you have nothing to worry about.

I think they want to maximize the value of the car you're getting. I too bought a CPO last month. It didn't say Free Supercharging on the listing but no issues when taking it for a test charge.

well depending on what year your car is, supercharger was tied to the car, not owner. which meant that it will always have supercharger for life, since it wasn't an option but more of a perk. autopilot enabled was an option though, so its interesting to know that according to atleast one forum member that its enabled on all cars that have the hardware