Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered the Model S Plaid On September 22nd.

Aug 20, 2018
California
So ordered the Model S plaid on September 22nd.

Currently I hope some of the things would like to see before the delivery hopefully

1) some design update as time comes close for delivery for New Model S interior exterior will be a bonus.
2) I know Model X has self presentable door I wish that was an option for S.
3) I am gonna guess it is going to have better charging speeds because of the new batteries.
4) Also on prototype Plaid Noticed Front bumper has a big intake at the bottom of the bumper which is obviously not reflecting the right pic rite now on the order page at-least. So that is what makes me thing some design changes possible

What other changes do you guys see coming ?

55 Sux

May 16, 2015
Bethlehem,PA
I ordered one too. I had a Ludicrous S before and now I have a Performance 3. I see the lap time from Laguna Seca and my thought is that I hope they have a magnetorheologic adjustable suspension or similar way to set the car for daily driving. Any car that can compete with a McLaren Sena around corners is going to have stiff springs and anti-roll bars. When I'm trying to drive my family around and not corner at 1.2g I'd like to have a softer suspension setting available.

Reactions: 127.0.0.0

Aug 20, 2018
California
It's not really an order if you cannot see what you are ordering ;) Plaid schedule is so far out I'll probably get the Cybertruck instead, especially as I have no interest in the first batch with bugs and kinks.

You can find more speculation at: Model S range and interior update imminent?

Agree Cyber Truck Tri motoris best bang for buck. That is why I have a order for both Cybertruck Tri motor and Model S plaid most likely will trade in model 3.

Aug 20, 2018
California
I ordered one too. I had a Ludicrous S before and now I have a Performance 3. I see the lap time from Laguna Seca and my thought is that I hope they have a magnetorheologic adjustable suspension or similar way to set the car for daily driving. Any car that can compete with a McLaren Sena around corners is going to have stiff springs and anti-roll bars. When I'm trying to drive my family around and not corner at 1.2g I'd like to have a softer suspension setting available.

Yes I hope suspension settings are adjustable.. And the brakes has to be something too.. I guess

domodan

Jul 15, 2020
UT, United States
It's not really an order if you cannot see what you are ordering ;) Plaid schedule is so far out I'll probably get the Cybertruck instead, especially as I have no interest in the first batch with bugs and kinks.

You can find more speculation at: Model S range and interior update imminent?
You don’t think the Cybertruck still have more bugs and kinks than a slightly modified S?

Tiger

Oct 31, 2016
Estonia
You don’t think the Cybertruck still have more bugs and kinks than a slightly modified S?

Will probably have to wait out both. What I am really looking for is some good time out in the back yard:

cyber-boat.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Watts_Up

MarcG

Oct 29, 2014
San Francisco
Also ordered on 9/22, a few minutes after it was announced.
Looking at the ordering site again today, it looks like FSD is now $10,000 (so $2k more than when I ordered).

I remember the pricing and options changed a bit a couple of weeks after the P85D was announced in late 2014, and orders had to be reconfirmed with new options, upsetting some people.

So I wonder: what are the chances that those of us who ordered the S Plaid early will have the original FSD price of $8,000?

r1200gs4ok

Jul 17, 2019
Irvine
Also ordered on 9/22, a few minutes after it was announced.
Looking at the ordering site again today, it looks like FSD is now $10,000 (so $2k more than when I ordered).

I remember the pricing and options changed a bit a couple of weeks after the P85D was announced in late 2014, and orders had to be reconfirmed with new options, upsetting some people.

So I wonder: what are the chances that those of us who ordered the S Plaid early will have the original FSD price of $8,000?
you will get it at the advertised cost when you ordered

razh

Dec 11, 2017
Ottawa
I'm waiting to order. My worry is that Elon has stated "no refreshes", meaning drivetrain + interior update + exterior update will be delivered incrementally.

I don't want to get into a situation where day 1 deliveries are the drivetrain update and a month later the exterior update is announced. It would instantly devalue day 1 plaids by 50% of their value, just like S facelift did. I would rather wait until there is confirmation that the order includes the drivetrain + exterior.

• Informative

MarcG

Oct 29, 2014
San Francisco
I'm waiting to order. My worry is that Elon has stated "no refreshes", meaning drivetrain + interior update + exterior update will be delivered incrementally.

I don't want to get into a situation where day 1 deliveries are the drivetrain update and a month later the exterior update is announced. It would instantly devalue day 1 plaids by 50% of their value, just like S facelift did. I would rather wait until there is confirmation that the order includes the drivetrain + exterior.

I believe it’s up to people who placed early orders to decide when to finalize their configuration and place the final order.

So technically, I could wait a few months after the first deliveries are made to decide whether to move forward or get my deposit back.

However, Tesla may decide to put a time limit for honoring the original pricing, after which early orders mean nothing and it would just be like ordering fresh.

• Informative

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC