Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered the Model S Plaid On September 22nd.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So ordered the Model S plaid on September 22nd.

Currently I hope some of the things would like to see before the delivery hopefully

1) some design update as time comes close for delivery for New Model S interior exterior will be a bonus.
2) I know Model X has self presentable door I wish that was an option for S.
3) I am gonna guess it is going to have better charging speeds because of the new batteries.
4) Also on prototype Plaid Noticed Front bumper has a big intake at the bottom of the bumper which is obviously not reflecting the right pic rite now on the order page at-least. So that is what makes me thing some design changes possible

What other changes do you guys see coming ?

I ordered one too. I had a Ludicrous S before and now I have a Performance 3. I see the lap time from Laguna Seca and my thought is that I hope they have a magnetorheologic adjustable suspension or similar way to set the car for daily driving. Any car that can compete with a McLaren Sena around corners is going to have stiff springs and anti-roll bars. When I'm trying to drive my family around and not corner at 1.2g I'd like to have a softer suspension setting available.

Reactions: 127.0.0.0
It's not really an order if you cannot see what you are ordering ;) Plaid schedule is so far out I'll probably get the Cybertruck instead, especially as I have no interest in the first batch with bugs and kinks.

You can find more speculation at: Model S range and interior update imminent?

Agree Cyber Truck Tri motoris best bang for buck. That is why I have a order for both Cybertruck Tri motor and Model S plaid most likely will trade in model 3.

I ordered one too. I had a Ludicrous S before and now I have a Performance 3. I see the lap time from Laguna Seca and my thought is that I hope they have a magnetorheologic adjustable suspension or similar way to set the car for daily driving. Any car that can compete with a McLaren Sena around corners is going to have stiff springs and anti-roll bars. When I'm trying to drive my family around and not corner at 1.2g I'd like to have a softer suspension setting available.

Yes I hope suspension settings are adjustable.. And the brakes has to be something too.. I guess

It's not really an order if you cannot see what you are ordering ;) Plaid schedule is so far out I'll probably get the Cybertruck instead, especially as I have no interest in the first batch with bugs and kinks.

You can find more speculation at: Model S range and interior update imminent?
You don’t think the Cybertruck still have more bugs and kinks than a slightly modified S?

You don’t think the Cybertruck still have more bugs and kinks than a slightly modified S?

Will probably have to wait out both. What I am really looking for is some good time out in the back yard:

cyber-boat.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Watts_Up
Also ordered on 9/22, a few minutes after it was announced.
Looking at the ordering site again today, it looks like FSD is now $10,000 (so $2k more than when I ordered).

I remember the pricing and options changed a bit a couple of weeks after the P85D was announced in late 2014, and orders had to be reconfirmed with new options, upsetting some people.

So I wonder: what are the chances that those of us who ordered the S Plaid early will have the original FSD price of $8,000?

Also ordered on 9/22, a few minutes after it was announced.
Looking at the ordering site again today, it looks like FSD is now $10,000 (so $2k more than when I ordered).

I remember the pricing and options changed a bit a couple of weeks after the P85D was announced in late 2014, and orders had to be reconfirmed with new options, upsetting some people.

So I wonder: what are the chances that those of us who ordered the S Plaid early will have the original FSD price of $8,000?
you will get it at the advertised cost when you ordered

I'm waiting to order. My worry is that Elon has stated "no refreshes", meaning drivetrain + interior update + exterior update will be delivered incrementally.

I don't want to get into a situation where day 1 deliveries are the drivetrain update and a month later the exterior update is announced. It would instantly devalue day 1 plaids by 50% of their value, just like S facelift did. I would rather wait until there is confirmation that the order includes the drivetrain + exterior.

• Informative
I'm waiting to order. My worry is that Elon has stated "no refreshes", meaning drivetrain + interior update + exterior update will be delivered incrementally.

I don't want to get into a situation where day 1 deliveries are the drivetrain update and a month later the exterior update is announced. It would instantly devalue day 1 plaids by 50% of their value, just like S facelift did. I would rather wait until there is confirmation that the order includes the drivetrain + exterior.

I believe it’s up to people who placed early orders to decide when to finalize their configuration and place the final order.

So technically, I could wait a few months after the first deliveries are made to decide whether to move forward or get my deposit back.

However, Tesla may decide to put a time limit for honoring the original pricing, after which early orders mean nothing and it would just be like ordering fresh.

• Informative