TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Ordered the Model X100D

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Maximilien, Jun 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Maximilien

Maximilien Member

I would have chosen X90D, had it been usable 90.0 kWh (alas, only 81.8kWh :confused: ), but the difference of ~17 kWh was a big! So I went with X100D.

Plus I get free supercharging by referring myself! I thought free supercharging was for the life of vehicle but the Rep said that it is with the first owner with the new vehicle. Next owner won't get it. I was surprised about that.:eek:

Got huge discount on new inventory because it was a floor model.

So excited about panoramic windshield. Can't wait!

How do you guys like your Model X? Any regret? One thing I am concerned is the Falcon Wing, which seems to be quite issues with many people. Hopefully it is fixed with lots of updates?? o_O

Looks like my garage will be filled with S.E.X :D

• Like x 3
    • Disagree x 1
  2. Peteybabes

Peteybabes redneck drivin' a tesla...

awesome stuff! Congratulations.

sounds like you have a newer post shut-down Model X which will be nicer in a lot of ways than some of the ones that seem to be causing trouble for some of the members here on this site. :D

just keep an eye or ear out for for Falcon Wing Doors (alignment or funny noises) :)

3. zackmilo

zackmilo Worlds Youngest Tesla Owner at 14!

What did they do after shutdown.

4. TallPaulS

TallPaulS Member

Love ours. Had a FWD alignment issue on delivery (fixed) and the driver side FWD had a small creak which they fixed with lube. Ironically a brand new P100D loaner I had the other week had the same creak on the same FWD so must be something at factory.

On one hand it's ridiculous that a 100k+ car should have any of these issues, but OTOH it's nice that they are relatively simple and quickly fixed.

5. jameslew

jameslew Member

I've only had mine for three days so far, but it's been basically perfect. There was a slight misalignment of the lip on the bottom of the bumper for mine that they adjusted in about ten minutes - but otherwise all was good. Love this car ;-).

6. rainforest

rainforest Member

There are discounts on inventory models? I ordered mine.

7. Maximus-MX

Maximus-MX Member

Yes, there was some creaking on the driver side FWD. They took it in the SC, it went down a little bit (I think they just put a lube in there). The sound came back again and I called them back and scheduled a ranger service. They better fix it :).

Regret: I ordered black exterior. It was an absolute nightmare to keep clean and the paint is soft - prone to scratching. I got a whole body wrap in red. Way better than the factory red and my X turned into an absolute beauty. I turned the lemon into lemonade. Almost everyday, strangers comment on the "paint".

So, overall, I absolutely LOVE my X.

• Like x 1
  8. Peteybabes

yes, in my case $27K was taken off the top...

it was a demo/showroom model with 1178 miles when i got it and getting close to a year old.

i ended up leasing it and the lease rate went from $2,200+/month down to $1,182/month...

i was pricing out getting a new S75 or S75D with a couple options and the lease was the same on the P90D Model X so i couldn't resist. :D

9. Maximilien

Maximilien Member

Wow that's a huge discount.

• Disagree x 1
  10. Maximilien

Maximilien Member

Haha, now I reread my post, I meant, S.3.X. What was I thinking? :oops:

• Disagree x 1
  11. Racerx22b

Racerx22b @unplggdd on Instagram

I got an inventory MX P100D with all options (really, it had everything) Nov 2016 build in March 2017. It was discounted $30k with only 1500 miles on it. Even has ventilated seats, active spoiler, and tow package. She's a beut Clark.

12. sports4eva115

I thought Tesla doesn't give discounts ._. 30k is a lot!! even in a decked out p100d that's gotta be like 20% off??

13. Racerx22b

Racerx22b @unplggdd on Instagram

It was discounted because it had AP1 (which I wanted) and AP2 was already released. Also got free lifetime charging!

14. Peteybabes

and had ventilated seats and active spoiler and 1500 miles :D same as mine.

for anybody wondering about discounts, go to: https://ev-cpo.com/classic/ and sort by largest discount...right now there is a model X P100D with a $19,200 discount and a Model S P90D with $32,600 discount!!

15. BigMskiman

BigMskiman Member

Congrats, it's a dream machine you won't regret. I look forward to every ride,,,,,,