Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered the outdoor Tesla S cover today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does the outdoor car cover have grommets on the bottom edge so it can be bungee or tied down or locked on with a cover lock?

In high wind areas covers without these often come partially or completely undone, sometimes never to be found again. Any details would be helpful. I am concerned about a $400 cover that could disappear while I am away from the car, and the description says nothing about grommets on the Tesla Store website, and I don't see any in the photos.

I think this is the only cover that will really work for this car, but I wonder if modifications will be necessary to keep it from blowing away.

Cheers.

Does the outdoor car cover have grommets on the bottom edge so it can be bungee or tied down or locked on with a cover lock?

In high wind areas covers without these often come partially or completely undone, sometimes never to be found again. Any details would be helpful. I am concerned about a $400 cover that could disappear while I am away from the car, and the description says nothing about grommets on the Tesla Store website, and I don't see any in the photos.

I think this is the only cover that will really work for this car, but I wonder if modifications will be necessary to keep it from blowing away.

Cheers.

As I don't yet have the Model S I haven't taken the cover fully out of the bag in came in. I'll do so tonight and let you know if grommets are present. I agree that they are totally necessary.

I am probably the only one so far that is so enamored with my Model S that I purchased both the outside cover, which rides in the frunk with a cable and two locks so that I can secure it when I walk away (using the grommets mentioned in a previous post) and also the inside cover, which is black velvet and makes the car remind one of the batmobile. I have a garage, but it is dusty and my Model S deserves to be pampered.

I, too, would have preferred the outdoor cover be without the Tesla branding as I really don't want to call attention to the car when I am not around, such as when I leave it at a charger overnight. Nevertheless, both covers really are nifty, easy to put on and take off (unless you decide to lock the outdoor cover on), and they seem to be very well made. Not cheap, but luckily my birthday was a few days ago.

Say has anyone figured out the best way to outfit the gorgeous Model S key fob in a way that allows you to put it on a key ring? It seems to have a little place where one could put a flexible wire through, but it is really tight. I don't want to do it because I fear it would get scratched in constant contact with other keys, but my wife is fearful of losing it, and I don't blame her. I have already had one panicked ten minutes not being able to locate the fob which I thought was in my pocket but actually had slipped out inside the car. Whatever one uses to go through that tiny groove must be very flexible and strong as well as very tiny. Any suggestions?

Say has anyone figured out the best way to outfit the gorgeous Model S key fob in a way that allows you to put it on a key ring? It seems to have a little place where one could put a flexible wire through, but it is really tight. I don't want to do it because I fear it would get scratched in constant contact with other keys, but my wife is fearful of losing it, and I don't blame her. I have already had one panicked ten minutes not being able to locate the fob which I thought was in my pocket but actually had slipped out inside the car. Whatever one uses to go through that tiny groove must be very flexible and strong as well as very tiny. Any suggestions?

Discussed here with good solutions.

I am probably the only one so far that is so enamored with my Model S that I purchased both the outside cover, which rides in the frunk with a cable and two locks so that I can secure it when I walk away (using the grommets mentioned in a previous post) ...

... both covers really are nifty, easy to put on and take off (unless you decide to lock the outdoor cover on), and they seem to be very well made...

What brand of cable and lock did you get? Most car cover cable/lock combos I have seen state they are 6 ft long. Looking at the width of the Model S on the specs page, I am thinking many cables may not reach quite far enough. Any photos or links would be helpful so I know what works and what does not before I get a cable.

Cheers