TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Ordered this past Saturday, got my VIN number on Monday. Can't wait!!!

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by tomwildcat, Jan 14, 2016.

1. tomwildcat

tomwildcat Member

I ordered my Model S 70D this past weekend and already have my vin number. Says it is in queue for production. Been wanting a tesla for a while now and finally pulled the trigger. Very excited right now!

Feels like it is going to be a long wait till delivery which is scheduled for March.

2. ztodd

ztodd Member

Congrats!

3. ArtInCT

ArtInCT Always Learning

Well Tom that is great news... and a quick assignment of the VIN too.

Here on TMC there is a sticky thread where we keep track of all the orders and progress.... here is the link to it ->Model S Delivery Update

On the second post in that thread there is a link to spreadsheets where we maintain the data... You may want to enter your order data into the Jan-Feb-Mar 2016 sheet.

Good luck with the new car and order.

I have one on order too... It is scheduled for delivery in Late March to April of this year.
    In fact I just got a call from TM Operations to make sure I was set on all the options I ordered.
    I guess this means it will be entering production in a while.

Cheers!

4. Armadillos

Armadillos Member

Welcome to the Tesla family! :)

5. tomwildcat

tomwildcat Member

Thanks guys. This message board seems very active, love it!

- - - Updated - - -

Will do, thanks!

6. Brunton

Brunton Pontificating the obvious

Hey! How did you do that?
    I ordered Sunday and I'm still waiting for the order to confirm (this Sunday, apparently). How did you short-circuit the one week confirmation time?

7. tomwildcat

tomwildcat Member

I got super lucky it sounds. I pressed the confirm button which came right after I placed the order. Was shocked to get a VIN number 2 days later (this past Monday). Still in the production queue.

8. Zybane

Zybane Member

Production queue really doesn't mean anything, mines been in it for two months.

9. GotOne

GotOne Member

Congratulations @tomwildcat!! Yes, the wait is painful, but finally the day does come. I've had my S just five days now and am loving her!! What a blast to drive!! I see you found the Delivery/ Tracking Excel Sheet thread... studying that will give you some idea how long the order/ produce/ ship phases are. Somebody with authority ought to "sticky" that thread so it stays on top instead of getting lost.

My step mother lives in Tucson (Oro Valley) and I would like to take my S on a road trip to Tucson, but it's not so easy getting out of Eastern Iowa since there are no Superchargers on I-80 yet. I suppose not too many farmers buy Model S's...

10. tomwildcat

tomwildcat Member

I am sure the wait is worth it! That is funny, my parents live in Oro Valley as well, nice place to retire. I live in the foothills. I am hoping for a super charger to be built here soon. I have been following tesla for the last few years now and am amazed how quick they roll out the stations.

11. GotOne

GotOne Member

Yeah, I am surprised there isn't a Supercharger down around Tucson. Even if I got there I'd be stuck looking for a reasonably close (to Oro Valley) destination charge station that could supply at least 19.2kW/ 80A... that's one reason I went ahead and got the Dual Charger so most destination charge times will be quicker.