Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered Wall charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered Wall charger. Any one recently get it? What is shipping time? How long from order to get it?
Got mine last week and had it installed yesterday. Was on backorder, but got an email when it came back in then placed it. I think it took about 5 days to arrive where I live (Washington).

One thing to note is most electricians are not going to take the time to connect to it and program the connector. Be prepared to do that yourself. Also, if you live in the Seattle area electricians are expensive.

After getting mine installed, It said installation complete, but had a banner that it was partially setup. There's a bug with the older firmware. To fix this, just connect to directly to the Wall charger (using it's wifi) then change the setting from 60 AMP to something else then back to 60 AMP. This then will show it fully configured. Also, you will want to manually update the firmware. The original firmware isn't even version 1. To do this simply take your laptop and connect back to the wall charger and go to the IP address with \update at the end of the URL. From there you can upload the firmware (off Tesla's website).

Hope this helps.

I am still waiting for my Model Y to arrive, but for now I get to look at the wall charger :)

Reactions: edulinka
Bid was $800 waiting for final bill. But don't see any thing that would make it be different. Took them about 1 hour to do. 2 guys came out. Very simple install. They didn't do any programming on the wall charger, just made sure it had a green light when they flipped the switch. They handed me the card with instructions on how to program it.

If they were to go through the wall (which would make it look nice), it would have been another $250. See image They took the simple and easiest way to install it.

Remaining work left is for them to complete is have the work permitted and expected by the labor and industry. I will ask them when they send me the finial bill.

Attachments

• IMG_0180.jpg
    IMG_0180.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 72
My install required new service to our detached garage. The electricians charged ~$3k to install the new service and the charger. The electric company is coming soon to energize the service (install the meter, etc.) and that'll cost ~$180. I probably could have found an electrician to do it for closer to $2k, but they were good and installed upper-end Leviton breakers/panel, used beefier cable, etc.