Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered X on 9/16 with an estimate delivery of November

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting. I was told November delivery for my X - blue on white, 100d, sonic carbon wheels, standard black trim. Ordered 9/18, confirmed 9/21. Reservation number but no VIN.

BTW - When can you use the app? My app says "no product linked" or something like that. Once you get a VIN?
Once you get the car :)
(I think, unless it is once the car is produced, but I would find it strange that you can control the car remotely at that stage)

Last edited:
according to what I read you have to connect the car to the phone for the app to work. I have not received my car yet and I have a referral to collect but the only way to collect it is through the app in the "loot" section.So I now have to wait for the car before I can order my HPWC from the referral. PS I am still not happy that I was promised "late september" when I ordered on 9/1 and only west coast MX"s have been produced for Q3 deliveries.

Good luck, i have rejected a September build yesterday, second one is on sunday so take your time. Delivery person looked confused when i told her i would need longer than 15 min to inspect the car, so they pulled it out of the way of other owners who are not checking their cars. They put me alone on the side of the building so i can take my time.

After all the paint defects on my model 3, i wasnt about to accept that on a car that is 2.5 times the price of the model 3. I hope sunday goes well.

Congrats Demerol,

As for your app question, my MX was my first Tesla and I wasnt even able to login to the app until the day we took delivery of our car. Every time I tried to use my Tesla login, I got immediately kicked with the message similar to what you described.

I am also 98% positive that to make the app work, all that needs to be done is someone at Tesla associates your VIN/RN to your account.

Additionally, I wanted my wife to use the app as well so we created a completely separate login account on the Tesla site for her then once we had the car, I submitted a support request, asking them to link her account to the car for the purpose of using her own login on her app. They took care of that for us within a day or two.

Interesting. I was told November delivery for my X - blue on white, 100d, sonic carbon wheels, standard black trim. Ordered 9/18, confirmed 9/21. Reservation number but no VIN.

BTW - When can you use the app? My app says "no product linked" or something like that. Once you get a VIN?

• Informative
Reactions: Bogobec

There are several Inventory Cars like what you ordered with a few thousand dollars discount that are ready. Why order new when you can get one now with a discount?

There are several Inventory Cars like what you ordered with a few thousand dollars discount that are ready. Why order new when you can get one now with a discount?
I am a not leary of the inventory models. Just my opinion but I believe there is a high percentage that are refused deliveries. I know some may be cancelled orders bit I think the majority are refused deliveries and for that I would stay clear.

I was so excited to go and up my MX today at 2 but on my way out to Burbank CA, I got a call that the car has a "paintless" dent on the back trunk right by the license plate goes. The advisor said that they can do a home delivery tomorrow after they get it fixed with a Tesla approved paintless dent remover technician. He also offered a 1 year maintenance service for free. Great but what a bummer....

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
Have you received any news since receiving your VIN? I received my VIN around the time you received yours and I'm not impatiently waiting.
My guess is that you are both about a week away from production to begin and then a month until delivery. With any luck you will get it by end of Nov. Try not to wear out your refresh key in the mean time. I ordered mine on 9/1 and it's set for an 11/3 delivery. Mine was delayed because i am on the east coast and it couldn't get here for Q3 so it was placed at the end of the line.

I ordered on 9/16... as of 10/25 (yesterday) my account indicated it was in production.
Congrats! What configuration did you get? Still no news for me, but hopefully soon! I'm anxious because I need to get a personal loan and pay for the vehicle in full before I can even schedule delivery and I've yet to hear from my DS despite reaching out to her regarding general questions.

Congrats! What configuration did you get? Still no news for me, but hopefully soon! I'm anxious because I need to get a personal loan and pay for the vehicle in full before I can even schedule delivery and I've yet to hear from my DS despite reaching out to her regarding general questions.

Thanks! It's a 100D, 6 seat, white/white, 22" onyx wheels. It's now built and in transit.

I haven't heard from my DS yet either (but I haven't attempted contact). I assume they contact you to schedule your delivery with you several days, if not a week, in advance anyway. Maybe someone here knows? I'm paying cash, but I don't have that much sitting in my chequing account doing nothing. I'll need to sell an investment and wait for it to settle (typically 3 days) before it would be available for a transfer or however it's done.

Congrats on the status change!

Thanks Frank! It may still be a month away, but I'm starting to get excited. :)