Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordering 75D 2018 with Discount by Tesla ...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,
New to this forum because of this

Quick question, does this makes sense or I should order 2019 long range. Probably I will be the last one to get 75D.

Attachments

• 67C45F6D-E2F8-47E7-803B-0E5A0CB2C1ED.jpeg
    67C45F6D-E2F8-47E7-803B-0E5A0CB2C1ED.jpeg
    202.2 KB · Views: 129
I picked up a 2019 floor model 75D for $83700 plus still had to pay 2 grand for FSD. It seems that on any day driving, I run through 50 percent of charge. I wish I would have gone for the longer range. I did lease mine, since big changes in three years to come.

does this makes sense or I should order 2019 long range.

I think it is a very good deal! I have a 75D myself since 2016, I never missed a large battery.
BTW, great to see another upcoming Tesla owner in Chicago. Will you take delivery downtown (Grand)?
Since you mentioned you are new, make sure to use a referral code to get 1000 miles charging for free.

yes excited and nervous too. Will take the delivery at highland park location. I went there for test drive. Had one used 2018 in mind but this was same price and with sun roof which I wanted to began with.

How’s your two years ? Any major work or issues?

• Helpful
Reactions: pfremm
How’s your two years ? Any major work or issues?

No issues at all with car. Zero.I have a sun roof as well, which is really nice.

The only "issues" are more with the company, not the car
1: Tesla did not honor the written notice in my account that another car purchased by me in the future would have free unlimited super supercharging. That notice was silently suddenly removed from my account when I was about to purchase a newer model last November. Not cool at all. I was then offered three years free supercharging, but I felt Tesla should simply honor their note, so I declined and canceled the order. I still don't have my down payment returned for that canceled order, have been writing and calling dozens of times....
2: I have been trying for over a month to get AP1 activated for the temporary 50% sale price announced in March. As soon as it was announced I went to my account to place the order, but the AP1 purchase option was removed. I have been getting the run-around from sales-support-servicecenter, and still nothing. Since last week the purchase option is back in my account, but back for the full price again..
I believe the sales team is doing their best, and I get replies, but they don't get the approval from the headquarters.

But again, those things have nothing to do with the car itself. Its a great car, and there is nothing like it.

No issues at all with car. Zero.I have a sun roof as well, which is really nice.

The only "issues" are more with the company, not the car
1: Tesla did not honor the written notice in my account that another car purchased by me in the future would have free unlimited super supercharging. That notice was silently suddenly removed from my account when I was about to purchase a newer model last November. Not cool at all. I was then offered three years free supercharging, but I felt Tesla should simply honor their note, so I declined and canceled the order. I still don't have my down payment returned for that canceled order, have been writing and calling dozens of times....
2: I have been trying for over a month to get AP1 activated for the temporary 50% sale price announced in March. As soon as it was announced I went to my account to place the order, but the AP1 purchase option was removed. I have been getting the run-around from sales-support-servicecenter, and still nothing. Since last week the purchase option is back in my account, but back for the full price again..
I believe the sales team is doing their best, and I get replies, but they don't get the approval from the headquarters.

But again, those things have nothing to do with the car itself. Its a great car, and there is nothing like it.

Got it. Thx for your reply.

There are still lots of new 75d in Tesla inventory - about 400 available nationwide and about half of those are 2018’s with substantial discounts. Make sure your getting the color and equipment you want as most configurations are still available. Many of these probably won't be in your area and will incur a shipping fee.

Looks like the ‘18’s range from about $67k up to about $85k. Here’s an example:

C6470F84-29FB-45F3-A590-119C9146622E.png

Reactions: nio796
There are still lots of new 75d in Tesla inventory - about 400 available nationwide and about half of those are 2018’s with substantial discounts. Make sure your getting the color and equipment you want as most configurations are still available. Many of these probably won't be in your area and will incur a shipping fee.

Looks like the ‘18’s range from about $67k up to about $85k. Here’s an example:

View attachment 396927
Thank you. By any chance you know the zip code for this tesla? One I ordered has EAP and I wonder if the one you shared has not .. thus diff of 5K. Also paying 2K for sunroof. I am getting black on black (what I wanted)

Looks like only 5 black/black new 75d, 2018, with pano roof nationwide - 2 in Massachusetts, 2 in San Francisco, one without location indicated. All look to have EAP. Lots more meet all your criteria but have solid glass roof.

Hard call on the 75 v 100. I paid nearly $20k (!) more for my 100 over a 75 only about 5 months ago. But the range was important to me. Your priorities might be different.

Reactions: nio796
Cool. Thx. I will check with Tesla tomorrow. I went there last week to check for a used 2018 Tesla with 4K miles (private party) and they gave me the option I put hold on. Since it was in Midwest region I didn’t pay the transfer fee.
Thx for your info. I can see they are gettin rid of all the floor models and 2018s. May be int and ext upgrade is coming soon.

Here's a long range with pano and EAP not activated. Not sure how Tesla would handle this now that EAP has been made “standard’. Probably still a charge to activate it. Still, a real value considering the upcharge to 100 is way less than it recently was.
1079775E-B245-4A3E-B91C-3D9D8DEAD60B.png

Tesla pricing is very fluid and unpredictable. Oftentimes there is no explanation and no consistency. I traded my 85 for 100d late last year and got two way different trade values offered within 3 days. And then was given a $ -5300 “ price adjustment” on the final purchase agreement.