Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordering a black Model Y Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see where people are saying that deliveries for the black Model Y Performance will take at least 2-3 months, but has anyone on this board taken delivery of a black Model Y? I'm curious if that 2-3 month estimated delivery timeframe is accurate because the lease on my current car ends at the end of May, so I'm trying to time my delivery so that my Model Y Performance (which I have yet to order) arrives either just before my lease ends or shortly after.

What do you guys think? If I ordered a black MYP today, when do you think it would be delivered (in Alabama)? Is it possible to accept delivery at a later date if Tesla assigns you a VIN and schedules the delivery before you anticipated in case I need time to get my finances in order for the loan? I apologize in advance for being such a noob... Thanks in advance!

I see where people are saying that deliveries for the black Model Y Performance will take at least 2-3 months, but has anyone on this board taken delivery of a black Model Y? I'm curious if that 2-3 month estimated delivery timeframe is accurate because the lease on my current car ends at the end of May, so I'm trying to time my delivery so that my Model Y Performance (which I have yet to order) arrives either just before my lease ends or shortly after.

What do you guys think? If I ordered a black MYP today, when do you think it would be delivered (in Alabama)? Is it possible to accept delivery at a later date if Tesla assigns you a VIN and schedules the delivery before you anticipated in case I need time to get my finances in order for the loan? I apologize in advance for being such a noob... Thanks in advance!
I would say 2-3 months is pretty accurate. Tesla has not made any black Y’s as of today. So once the factory is open in 4-6 weeks they will make them.

I placed my order for a black MY this week as well. Like you, I'm anxiously waiting for my VIN to show. It looks as though no black VINs have been issued yet. There's a great thread tracking all of this data if you are interested:

Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet