Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordering a Model X with the free +Ludi option

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I talked to someone at my local center and he told me I should place an order for a Model X Performance without Ludicrous and that he will then put in a request to add it as a free feature. I did that yesterday, and I got a notification today that my change request has gone through, and they sent me another order agreement with the Ludicrous upgrade. The problem is, it also has a less welcome +$20,000 tacked onto it.

Has anyone else been working through this process? Am I supposed to see the Ludicrous without the $20,000 price tag? Or is that included until delivery and they just comp it then?

I'll certainly talk to the adviser and check, but I'm not so sure about some of the info he's given me and I just wanted to double check what others experience are.

[QUOTE = "CFrolander, post: 3644799, membre: 68978"] J'ai donc parlé à quelqu'un de mon centre local et il m'a dit que je devrais passer une commande pour une représentation de Model X sans Ludicrous et qu'il ferait ensuite une demande à ajoutez-le comme une fonctionnalité gratuite. Je l'ai fait hier et j'ai reçu un avis aujourd'hui indiquant que ma demande de modification avait été acceptée et ils m'ont envoyé un autre contrat avec la mise à niveau de Ludicrous. Le problème, c’est qu’il est également moins bien accueilli et que 20 000 dollars y sont ajoutés.

Quelqu'un d'autre a-t-il déjà suivi ce processus? Suis-je censé voir le Ludicrous sans le prix de 20 000 $? Ou est-ce inclus jusqu'à la livraison et ils le compilent alors?

Je vais certainement parler au conseiller et vérifier, mais je ne suis pas sûr des informations qu'il m'a données et je voulais juste vérifier ce que les autres ont vécu. [/ QUOTE]

Salut c'est toi first modele or not?He say the ludicrous is offer just for the renew.

[QUOTE = "CFrolander, post: 3644799, membre: 68978"] J'ai donc parlé à quelqu'un de mon centre local et il m'a dit que je devrais passer une commande pour une représentation de Model X sans Ludicrous et qu'il ferait ensuite une demande à ajoutez-le comme une fonctionnalité gratuite. Je l'ai fait hier et j'ai reçu un avis aujourd'hui indiquant que ma demande de modification avait été acceptée et ils m'ont envoyé un autre contrat avec la mise à niveau de Ludicrous. Le problème, c’est qu’il est également moins bien accueilli et que 20 000 dollars y sont ajoutés.

Quelqu'un d'autre a-t-il déjà suivi ce processus? Suis-je censé voir le Ludicrous sans le prix de 20 000 $? Ou est-ce inclus jusqu'à la livraison et ils le compilent alors?

Je vais certainement parler au conseiller et vérifier, mais je ne suis pas sûr des informations qu'il m'a données et je voulais juste vérifier ce que les autres ont vécu. [/ QUOTE]

Salut c'est toi first modele or not?He say the ludicrous is offer just for the renew.

No, I already have a Model X, so this would be a replacement.

Same on my S. They added Ludicrous after RN was issued. If you read your order is says "price without taxes, fees and discounts". I called my adviser and she said this is normal. After verification of your prior owner status, the discount for Ludicrous should be applied. So I continued with everything My Tesla website completing the process -- registration, insurance, driver license, financing and etc. My site now say we are preparing your final purchase agreement. So I expect the $20,000 (plus tax) difference will be adjusted. Will keep posted.

Same on my S. They added Ludicrous after RN was issued. If you read your order is says "price without taxes, fees and discounts". I called my adviser and she said this is normal.

Sounds good, that's consistent with what I'm seeing. My other concern is that my existing model X (bought new) is in the process of being totaled out so I don't want it to drop off my account before I have a chance to get the discount applied. I would hope they could be understanding, but it's just another unknown in this whole process.

As an aside, does anyone know when a totaled car gets taken off the original owners account? I'm thinking it might just stay there indefinitely until I ask them to remove it? Or until they detect it as a salvage title or something? No idea. As long as it stays on my account long enough to get the $20k discount, I'm happy

I thought there was a program for folks that are upgrading an older Tesla, to a newer one, that Ludicrous was a free option in those cases. If I understood that correctly, and you are upgrading a Model X, then you would qualify for it.

Yes I know I qualify for it, my question is whether or not it's being handled properly by my owner adviser. It's a new program (just 2 weeks old or so) and he isn't instilling the most confidence in me that he knows how the process works.

Yes I know I qualify for it, my question is whether or not it's being handled properly by my owner adviser. It's a new program (just 2 weeks old or so) and he isn't instilling the most confidence in me that he knows how the process works.

I don't think any one knows the answer on a totaled X and how it affects you. I would suggest calling the "Immediate Assistance" number on your MyTesla page. Sorry to hear about your X.... good news is you seems OK and get the opportunity to upgrade.

So I talked to someone at my local center and he told me I should place an order for a Model X Performance without Ludicrous and that he will then put in a request to add it as a free feature. I did that yesterday, and I got a notification today that my change request has gone through, and they sent me another order agreement with the Ludicrous upgrade. The problem is, it also has a less welcome +$20,000 tacked onto it.

Has anyone else been working through this process? Am I supposed to see the Ludicrous without the $20,000 price tag? Or is that included until delivery and they just comp it then?

I'll certainly talk to the adviser and check, but I'm not so sure about some of the info he's given me and I just wanted to double check what others experience are.
I asked a Tesla salesman how to order it with Ludicrous mode and get the $20K off, since the website didn’t automatically do the correct math, even though I was signed in and previously bought a Roadster 2.5 and a Model S P85DL new from Tesla. He said order it online in the configuration I want and he would manually deduct the $20K. I also asked him to use my Roadster 2020 reservation money to help buy the X. He was able to do both. It shows up on the website as $70K financed with my balance due. I think it shows as financed vice paid since that is the only way to show a subtraction to the amount due.

Order it with Ludicrous. Your sales rep then verfies with corporate that you are an owner. It appears on the bill of sale and then appears as $20000 referral credit.

Your sales rep sounds out of touch.
Call corporate to correct.

not sure if I am posting this at the right place. pls advice.

need urgent help (sorry for the long post)

Ordered model x - (paid deposit) last week. with free ludicrous on a older 2019 model x when it was still p100d and not long range and a showroom model. so there was some price reduction.

but it seems like they don't want to sell the car to me now. and they are coming up with one reason after the other.
first there was a cosmetic damage to the interior that they said they would not fix (I would have to pay and get fixed after delivery). I said ok because that would still be a good deal and the car was configured/built to my exact preference.

I thought asking me to fix some interior defect was wrong (anyways I agreed) and checked with the sales person that everything else is good. And he said its otherwise in great condition.

Delivery is scheduled today, Loan approved, added to insurance etc.

Sales person came back again yesterday and said that there is damage ("worn out") to the seat and was advised not to sell this car, but rather sell a new car with no discount, but can still get the free ludicrous upgrade. I feel like they just don't want to sell it to me because I was getting a great discount? (sales guy repeatedly was saying that I was getting a great discount etc. how awesome this deal is and its a great car etc.)

What is my recourse? I paid the deposit, prepared to take delivery today, planned my life around it, sold my old car, and let go the other new cars I was considering before I choose this.

• Disagree
Reactions: shinytop