Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordering and then delaying delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys. With the recent price drop on the model y I am quite tempted to order, get the price locked in, and delay. I was going to get one later this year in the summer or late 2023.

Do you guys recommend ordering it and refusing delivery ? How many times can you do this? What is the longest you can delay? Do you guys know if the price will maintain under $55k so that they can still fall under the tax rebate?

Reactions: allev4me
Tesla allows you to put on hold to the beginning of the delivery estimate at the time of ordering so right now that is Jan so that is pointless.
Tesla allows one VIN rejection and then you either have to take the 2nd VIN or forfeit the $250 and reorder later.

How would anyone on here know if the price will be maintained under $55K? Remember the rebate will almost certainly drop to $3750 (maybe even $0) come March 1st as Tesla (and all other manufacturers) will not be able to meet at least one level of the criteria for full credit.

The new pricing is certainly influenced by the rebate in the US but remember prices were drastically cut in Canada, Europe, China etc where rebates had nothing to do with it. If demand increases a lot Tesla may creep the price back up especially if they can't qualify for the tax credit anyways. If supply outstrips demand like it started doing mid-Nov through early Jan then Tesla may even cut price further. No one knows other than Mr. Musk.