TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Ordering CPO.. difference between 2014 and 2015 descriptions

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by mattym, Jun 30, 2017.

1. mattym

mattym Member

Does anyone know why the description of Auto-Pilot in 2014 and 2015 CPO's is different? The 2015's include "AutoPilot 1.0 Hardware" and then list that Autopilot is included; whereas the 2014's don't mention the hardware and just say Autopilot is included with the tech package.
    I'm assuming the hardware is the same for both?

2. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

AP Hardware 1 was introduced in September, 2014, and then it was sold as part of the "Tech Package". Then a few months later, the P85Ds were announced, and in there somewhere, most options in the "Tech Package" (like Nav) became standard, and the remaining options were rolled into the "Premium Upgrade Package" (PUP) (like power liftgate), and Autopilot was then spun off as a separate option all together.

It's all the same hardware until AP 2.0 was released.

3. wdolson

wdolson Supporting Member

If it just says P hardware included with no AP, it might not be activated and it will cost you, I believe, $3500 to turn it on if you want it.

4. Ness

Ness Member

Tech package with Autopilot is the same as Autopilot 1.0 Hardware.

5. mattym

mattym Member

thanks everyone! i was able to lock in a late 14 S60 with Autopilot. Now the waiting game!