Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordering in about 10 days so looking for

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He was able to do several options from 1,000 to 6,000. I ended up doing my tint and ceramic windshield on mine as well as the full wrap. His prices are in line with everything I found around including the high volume guys. He ended up being about the same price I found at a place in Houston to do a full xpel wrap. For me, it was other car fans pointing me to Nate. Otherwise I would have gone with xpel. He'll do xpel for you if you want, but a lot of it depends on what type of finish you want, since xpel and suntek have slightly different opacity. For Nate, I liked that he was all about avoiding the yellowing that takes place over time and avoiding seams. A lot of his instagram stuff is removing old wraps and demonstrating various flaws of other installations regardless of brand. He also was up to date on the technology and had an understanding of how the products have improved etc.

With the prices to wrap the car, I wondered why the hell anyone would pay to wrap their car, but now, I can't believe people don't pay to wrap their cars! Especially if they want to keep it for a long time. Never worrying about scratches, swirls, or who you park next to at the grocery store is really nice. I even bumped into a pillar in my garage 2x4 the other day on accident and no scratches, not a thing. It's crazy.

He was able to do several options from 1,000 to 6,000. I ended up doing my tint and ceramic windshield on mine as well as the full wrap. His prices are in line with everything I found around including the high volume guys. He ended up being about the same price I found at a place in Houston to do a full xpel wrap. For me, it was other car fans pointing me to Nate. Otherwise I would have gone with xpel. He'll do xpel for you if you want, but a lot of it depends on what type of finish you want, since xpel and suntek have slightly different opacity. For Nate, I liked that he was all about avoiding the yellowing that takes place over time and avoiding seams. A lot of his instagram stuff is removing old wraps and demonstrating various flaws of other installations regardless of brand. He also was up to date on the technology and had an understanding of how the products have improved etc.

With the prices to wrap the car, I wondered why the hell anyone would pay to wrap their car, but now, I can't believe people don't pay to wrap their cars! Especially if they want to keep it for a long time. Never worrying about scratches, swirls, or who you park next to at the grocery store is really nice. I even bumped into a pillar in my garage 2x4 the other day on accident and no scratches, not a thing. It's crazy.

Thanks @buttershrimp i’ll look into it. Need high velocity rock splatter protection the most so might go with just the front. What do you think of (your) tint?

For my Fusion I went with Sun Tint on Keonig (2222) for tint and nose PPF. They did a good job of both four years ago and redoing the hood last year (due to a collision).

For my Tesla, as I may have mentioned, I went with XPEL Austin with the TMC discounts did a full wrap, full ceramic tint plus front windscreen, and a ceramic coating for the car with the estimate at $5800 including tax. They ask for a 2 week heads up and 5-7 days to do it.

any thoughts on staging the ppf/xpel? i.e. go with front coverage for now and add later if rocks are common problem. What's the difference between ceramic coating and other products (opticoat/xpel) ? Please point me to a thread if discussed ad infitum already :D

I just got my car back from XPEL Austin. Went with a full Stealth wrap and tinting around. Very pleased with the results. Great team to work with.

Attachments

• IMG_6959.jpg
    IMG_6959.jpg
    428.4 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_6960.jpg
    IMG_6960.jpg
    337 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_6961.jpg
    IMG_6961.jpg
    415.1 KB · Views: 32