Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordering Model S

modelx007

Sep 1, 2015
boca raton, fl
Going to order model s with 90 battery upgrade with jump seats and upgraded wheels. My question is color... I like red....anyone have any issues with it? My wife thinks red will attract speeding tickets and is too flashy??

Comments?

mwulff

Jan 15, 2015
Danmark
I personally think the red is too flashy. I drove one for a few days and having red mirrors and hood in my line of sight was actually a little annoying after a day or two. I like the new blue color personally even though I own the old blue.

liuping

Jul 23, 2013
San Diego
I felt the red was a little to flashy for me. I'm generally a low key type person, and the Model S already draws a bit more attention than I like.

I think the new blue is good compromise between being looking really nice, but not being overly flashy. I'm very happy with it.

chriSharek

Feb 19, 2015
Sarasota, FL
I was in your same shoes. I liked the red, the wife thought it was too flashy, we ordered the new blue. I am happy with my order. Here's an interesting poll I started when I was making my decision. I found it interesting that blue and red were much more popular than all the other "50 shades of gray".

Red or Blue or something else?

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC