Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordering model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do I order a model Y from Texas instead of California? I rather have the new casting frame and the chance for the new 4680 batteries from the Gigi factory in Texas.
Unfortunately that’s not possible right now. All Model Y’s are being manufactured in Fremont for the US market. Maybe later this year the MY will start producing them in Texas. No one knows how the ordering will work then. There are rumours that when Texas ramps up production that you will know which factory is making your vehicle by making Lone Range in one and Performance in the other. But that’s all speculation. No one knows but Elon. My suggestion would be to order what you want since it’s currently a No ember 2021 estimated delivery. By then we should know more about Texas manufacturing, new front and rear casting and 4680 batteries. You can always defer delivery for a bit if it’s still up in the air.

If you follow the recent news, 4680 battery is still months if not years away from full production..

So answering your question, there is absolutely no way for you to get MY with 4680 battery at this point.

Just place order when Elon confirms the production of MY with 4680 battery at Texas Gigafactory. This is the sure fire way.

Elon said himself that they will most likely get batteries from California when they start Texas Y builds. I will bet it will be next year at the earliest before the 4680 cells make it into the vehicles. We bought this February. When/if they make it in the Y then in a few years we will upgrade. In the meantime I’m saving a ton of money on fuel and maintenance.