Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordering problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just tried to order a Model 3 on the web. I got to the point where it asked me for a credit card to pay the sales fee. I gave it a card and it said the card was refused. I gave it another card and again it said refused. I called my card company and they had no records of Tesla asking for approval. I called Tesla and spoke with three different people. Each said that they didn't know the problem and couldn't help. The "best" advice I got was to try buying with the app and try clearing cache. Neither helped. I even tried a second computer and a different browser. No luck. I'm certain that both cards are good.

Any ideas what could be wrong? Any suggestions for a work-around?

Thank you.

Prices have now been increased across the board... maybe they were fiddling with the system to update pricing? Did you manage to order before the increases this morning?
That would be my guess too. Back in 2020 I tried to order my M3 and couldn’t get the site to work so I tried a day or two later only took find the price had increased and then the site worked fine. Grrrr……but delighted with the car anyhow.

Yes, the second day, the price was higher, but it still didn't accept my cards.

I tried calling Tesla a few more times. After 70 minutes on hold, I was disconnected. I sent Tesla sales email and received an automated reply that they only accept emails from people who are expecting delivery. That was enough frustration for me.

The following day, I visited the Tesla store 60 miles away and placed the order in person. The sales clerk typed my information into his computer and it went through, but at a still higher price.

Is working with Tesla always this frustrating?

Is working with Tesla always this frustrating?
[This thread might move to Model 3 waiting room as we are in Model S. So if you can't find it the moderator will move it.] So welcome Robert!! To answer the frustration yes, it can be, the wait time and gas prices currently doesn't help either. Are you ordering a Model 3 RWD or the AWD LR? There are stories/rumors that they may stop taking orders as the supply chain, batteries, other parts and can't keep up with supply and demand. Did they give you a delivery estimated date?

"Are you ordering a Model 3 RWD or the AWD LR?"
AWD LR. Ironically, the Long Range has shorter delivery time.
"Did they give you a delivery estimated date?"
For the Long Range, they estimate September-December. The sales clerk said that it is impossible to predict closer than that.