Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordering/Production/Delivery Process

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my Model 3 yesterday (Long-Range, RWD, no AP). I know a lot of people on here discuss the timing for delivery, and while I'm interested in that, at this point I'm mainly trying to understand what the rest of the steps are in the process. In other words, now that I've placed my order, what's the next step, and the step after that, etc.? I just want to make sure Tesla is not waiting on me to do something at any point in the process.

Thanks.

I recommend logging into your Tesla.com account and completing information to its entirety. It’s the least path of resistance. I found out the hard way that despite doing the order and trade-in in person. The online step-by-step submission of electronic paperwork needs to get done no matter what. The Delivery Advisor (DA) is really where mountains are moved. She was able to reconcile trade-in offer previously made and facilitate uploading of required photos (file sizes too big) in under one hour! (Fastest ever from their trade in department! Since my delivery was the next day!) It’s old news that personal checks are accepted and had to do a ACH transfer of funds. The ACH just needs to be initiated (and pending) before delivery.

Thanks for the response. I complete the Delivery and Insurance sections, but I can't complete the Financing or Trade-in sections yet, because I don't know where I'm going to get my loan, or whether I'm going to trade in with Tesla versus selling to an individual or another dealer. Will not having those sections completed slow down the production of my car?

Thanks for the response. I complete the Delivery and Insurance sections, but I can't complete the Financing or Trade-in sections yet, because I don't know where I'm going to get my loan, or whether I'm going to trade in with Tesla versus selling to an individual or another dealer. Will not having those sections completed slow down the production of my car?

Finish up the Trade-in section and upload photos and title. You can get a quote from Tesla for your car w/o committing it to trade-in with them.

Reactions: neroden