TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Ordering question

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by fisheater, Apr 28, 2009.

1. fisheater

fisheater New Member

Howdy, I have been looking at the Roadster ordering pdf from Tesla's website and I am curious what the $6,000 Executive Leather Interior option is. Does anyone know?

2. graham

graham Active Member

This option is new with the 2009 Model Year, so we haven't seen examples of what they plan the final version to be yet.

It is thought that it will be a production version similar to the custom work which was done for Founder Series #4:

2591022206_96eaba6165_b.jpg

3. Palpatine

Palpatine Banned

If you contact a sales rep at Tesla they will email you a more exact picture of what the Executive Leather will look like. It details all of the locations with leather and contrast color stitching. It also has some brushed aluminum on a section of the door sills.

I ordered the executive leather package for my Roadster, so we will find out what it looks like for real in June.

If you are just now ordering your Roadster, you don't have to make the option decisions until about 2 months before production starts on your car.

4. Tdave

Tdave Member

The brushed aluminum is gone from the plan ... thank goodness!

5. Palpatine

Palpatine Banned

What is in that spot instead? What is the door sill made of now?

6. Tdave

Tdave Member

Leather. Most of it is in interior color #1, with accent at the front in interior color #2. Add CF and you get a door sill entirely of CF, along with the other CF interior pieces.