Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordering questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Getting ready to pull the trigger on finally placing order, but have some questions i was hoping the group could advise.

Some context: I have been car-less for over a year because i live in a convenient city center, and my work has shifted to remote due to covid. With office looking to re-opening next year and current order fulfill time being quite far extended, I thought it might be time to place my order now.

My question is, since i still don't have an exact date on when my office will reopen, if the car I ordered is ready but I still won't need it yet, would it be possible to pass on it and wait for the next one, or am I obligated to take the car at the risk of losing my deposit, which apparently was just raised to $250?

Thanks.

I would not postpone because the delay would only get worse. Also, I’d complete your profile ASAP because it factors into your wait time. The clock doesn’t start ticking until your profile is complete.

Tesla’s delivery time seems predictable. You don’t want to be without a car when you need it. Rentals are not exactly cheap right now.