Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordering steps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do I need to complete all the tasks in order to get assigned a vin?
Everything is done but payment, shopping around for loan rates so that task isn’t complete yet.

side note: has anyone been approved for full price of performance X? US bank wants like 60k down lol

You should be able to get 0 down if you have the income to back it up (200-300k+). If not, it seems weird to spend 100k on a car but hey :)

stepwise, you don’t need to do them all, but it may put you more in the front of the line. I would do everything I could except actual loan, as loan expires in 60? Or 90? Days... make sure your delivery is within 60 days to do the loan stuff.

You should be able to get 0 down if you have the income to back it up (200-300k+). If not, it seems weird to spend 100k on a car but hey :)

stepwise, you don’t need to do them all, but it may put you more in the front of the line. I would do everything I could except actual loan, as loan expires in 60? Or 90? Days... make sure your delivery is within 60 days to do the loan stuff.

Lol just under 500k last year. Biggest car financed was only like 60k (used X)

good point, my delivery probably isn’t till April so no need to try for loan stuff now.

Do I need to complete all the tasks in order to get assigned a vin?
Everything is done but payment, shopping around for loan rates so that task isn’t complete yet.

side note: has anyone been approved for full price of performance X? US bank wants like 60k down lol

In the same boat about timing of loan. My Tesla rep said most of their preferred loan partners credit check good for 30 days while a few like US Bank are 60. He said don’t apply any sooner than last few days of February in case they surprise on earlier deliveries.