Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordering the Performance Model without the upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Logged on to create a post on this very topic and someone had beat me to it.

I have a reservation for an MYP but I dont want the 21" wheels either. Would prefer the extra range, the cheaper tires, and more rubber to minimize risk of destroying wheels and tire on less than ideal roads. I also dont want the lowered suspension. Everything else would be fine, and I could probably live with the lowered suspension if I had to.

Saw several posts in this thread that said it would be easy to sell the 21" wheels and buy some 19" and still come out ahead. That was what I was initially thinking of doing, but I've never sold a set of wheels...if anyone can share a recommendation for best place to sell wheels, I'd appreciate it. Is it craigslist, Facebook marketplace, ebay, TMC forum?

LR-AWD white on blk is 52,990 and it gives me 315EPA range and 0-60 in 4.8 sec
I was really thinking hard to go for a stealth performance Y when I built the same White exterior/blk interior price jumped up to 54,690 which cuts the 0-60 to 3.5 secs

I saw Tesla released a 2000$ upgrade for M3 which I've on mine that cut the 0-60 from 4.4 to 3.8sec. I'm more than happy with it. I guess at this point I put a deposit down for LR-AWD and I strongly believe Tesla will do something like what they did with Model 3 and I'll get a software upgrade for speed boost.

Personally, I’m very happy to pay for higher range, higher suspension and performance acceleration. Becasue of the way we use our cars, the hardware add-ons are actually negatives for us.

One other consideration for people on this Forum, road noise with the larger tires. My wife had an early Model 3 for which we upgraded the tires just because we liked their looks better. The road noise was substantially greater than my Model S. Then her rear motor failed, Tesla loaned us a Stealth 3 (aero wheels) and it was way quieter (and faster of course). We ended up buying that loaner from Tesla and are still loving it. By the way, total props to Tesla in responding to the first Model 3 failure and getting us into the Stealth.