Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordering two different colors MYP's and taking the first one.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ahhh....yes. Carvana overpays so they have to hyper inflate. This contributes to the insane used car market.

My cousin drove his last M3 for 2 years and sold it to carvanna for more than he paid for his new one....plus being in NJ and buying the original when tesla still has a few dollars in fed tax credit, made like 15k on the sale. Insane.
Plus I contacted 5 local dealers that happen to have a couple Teslas each, some with under 50 niles. their average mark up is 15-20k and they say they cant come down even a little. I Hope they don't sell thats just crazy

Reactions: burtinboy
Plus I contacted 5 local dealers that happen to have a couple Teslas each, some with under 50 niles. their average mark up is 15-20k and they say they cant come down even a little. I Hope they don't sell thats just crazy
Exactly. Hope they get stuck with them.. By me there is a dealer with over 40 "used" Tesla's with most having miles under 50... They ordered and tried to flip but they are sitting on the lot and have been. Some for months...

I trying to find out more info on what dates people are getting now for performance orders. I saw one on Facebook from 6/11 that had an EDD of October -November. But it was white so not a good guide for me. But it was already longer then Tesla is saying on the website. They are still saying August-October
I’m in MA, not Illinois so it may be different for me but I just ordered in June a white w/white interior MYLR FSD and my date was to Dec-Apr. I then switched it this week to MYP red with white interior FSD and my date went to aug29-oct3 though I’m sure it will change a few times more. For me the date change was switching from LR to P. I don’t think color had any impact.

I ordered an MSM MYP on 5/28 and a red MYP a few days later. MSM is coming first so I am considering converting the red into a MY LR to prolong losing my deposit. If the tax credit comes into play next year maybe I trade in the MSM if I could turn a profit.

Reactions: Bob2C