Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Orders placed before July 1 incentive means what?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I think this is clearly a play to make there quarterly earnings call look better, the configuration has the note:

"All orders placed before July 1 will receive Premium Connectivity with satellite maps with live traffic visualization, in-car streaming media and over-the-air updates via Wi-Fi & cellular. "

What does this imply? They'll be a charge for some of this in the future unless you order now? I assume all model 3s already delivered fall into this category (certainly mine currently does and always has).

While I think this is clearly a play to make there quarterly earnings call look better, the configuration has the note:

"All orders placed before July 1 will receive Premium Connectivity with satellite maps with live traffic visualization, in-car streaming media and over-the-air updates via Wi-Fi & cellular. "

What does this imply? They'll be a charge for some of this in the future unless you order now? I assume all model 3s already delivered fall into this category (certainly mine currently does and always has).

Search is your friend :)

All current Tesla owners and those who order a Model S, Model X, or Model 3 before July 1st will never have to pay to maintain the current level of internet connectivity in their cars. Which is the Premium Package....

So, the question is, does it follow the car if sold....?

Thanks for the clarification. I pulled the trigger on ordering my fully loaded performance AWD M3 today and was slightly motivated to do that because of the "before July 1" message even thought I didn't fully understand what it meant. But it sounded like something I would want as my current model S P85 2013 has very spotty streaming capability which drives me a little crazy. I look forward to the LTE connectivity over the S's outdated 3G.