TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Orders placed before July 1 incentive means what?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by TikiNiki, Jun 28, 2018.

1. TikiNiki

TikiNiki Member

While I think this is clearly a play to make there quarterly earnings call look better, the configuration has the note:

"All orders placed before July 1 will receive Premium Connectivity with satellite maps with live traffic visualization, in-car streaming media and over-the-air updates via Wi-Fi & cellular. "

What does this imply? They'll be a charge for some of this in the future unless you order now? I assume all model 3s already delivered fall into this category (certainly mine currently does and always has).

2. Trevor B

Trevor B Member

Search is your friend :)

3. drawfour

drawfour Member

Yes, after the first year, it will be $100/year to continue to get premium LTE connectivity.

4. TikiNiki

TikiNiki Member

very nice! that clears it up

5. Chris350

Chris350 Member

All current Tesla owners and those who order a Model S, Model X, or Model 3 before July 1st will never have to pay to maintain the current level of internet connectivity in their cars. Which is the Premium Package....

So, the question is, does it follow the car if sold....?

6. jwalton314

jwalton314 New Member

My guess would be yes since free supercharging follows a Model S and X.

7. bigWaveDave

bigWaveDave New Member

Thanks for the clarification. I pulled the trigger on ordering my fully loaded performance AWD M3 today and was slightly motivated to do that because of the "before July 1" message even thought I didn't fully understand what it meant. But it sounded like something I would want as my current model S P85 2013 has very spotty streaming capability which drives me a little crazy. I look forward to the LTE connectivity over the S's outdated 3G.

8. outie

outie Active Member

Free supercharging does not follow a S/X, only if the car was purchased before 2017 or so.

• Like x 1