Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oregon buyers: 2022 Tesla 3 and Y are not currently eligible for Oregon EV rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What about the "evPulse" program with Portland General Electric (and other utilities)?
I wouldn't mind getting some money back, but I mostly want the environmental-impact benefit of having PGE charge my car during off-peak hours.
We're just using the Mobile Connector for charging, and since the application page demands we specify a "charger" does that mean we don't qualify?

Reactions: pdx_m3s
What about the "evPulse" program with Portland General Electric (and other utilities)?
I wouldn't mind getting some money back, but I mostly want the environmental-impact benefit of having PGE charge my car during off-peak hours.
We're just using the Mobile Connector for charging, and since the application page demands we specify a "charger" does that mean we don't qualify?
Interesting. So PGE is actually going to pull the charge logs and compensate you if you charge during specific times. No specific hardware needed. Another benefit of driving a modern, internet-connected computer on wheels.

Eugene Water and Electric Board:

$500 rebate for home charging stations.
A critical component of owning an EV is charging it. While you can charge your vehicle with a standard 120-volt outlet, a 240-volt Level 2 home Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE), commonly called "charging station" allows you to charge in less than a third of the time. This faster rate of charging allows for flexibility to charge your EV during off-peak times. EWEB recommends installing a 30 amp or higher EVSE to allow for faster charging speeds. https://www.eweb.org/x2199.xml

We want to make it easy, fast, and convenient to charge your EV at home using the cleanest, off-peak energy. EWEB's $500 Smart Charge Rebate can help you pay for a qualified level 2 home charging station.

Funding for this program is in part made possible by the Oregon Clean Fuels Program (CFP) administered by the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality (ODEQ).

:)

Just an update that my Oregon standard EV rebate for my 2022 MYP was marked as approved today. This is with the paperwork showing the vehicle listed as $61,990 on the Tesla paperwork, as I shared a few posts up.
You were able to submit your order agreement and have it accepted? I'm currently going through this process now and was just told that this document is not correct.

It is a Tesla charger is it not?

You were able to submit your order agreement and have it accepted? I'm currently going through this process now and was just told that this document is not correct.

What are they requesting or having concerns with? Are they not liking the Order Agreement that Tesla provides?

I can’t remember the exact forms that I submitted but I feel like the Order Agreement (that I have in my Tesla Account Glovebox) was one of the forms I provided.

Hi all, I am trying to go through the process and have a pretty stupid question I believe, in order to qualify for the charge ahead rebate, you need to make less than 54K a year for a 1 person household correct? ($13,590 x 4) am I reading this right?

That looks right for deliveries after 1/12/22. See the link below for detailed info.

Reactions: simpledavid
You have to submit your Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement ("MVPA"), not your order agreement. They (Oregon) need some way to confirm that you did actually buy a car. The order agreement does not show this, since it is generated at the time of order, not delivery.

You have to submit your Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement ("MVPA"), not your order agreement. They (Oregon) need some way to confirm that you did actually buy a car. The order agreement does not show this, since it is generated at the time of order, not delivery.
Did you wait until you received your registration paperwork before you submitted? How long did that take? (2 months?) So ~5 months from vehicle purchase to getting the rebate?

you need the retention copy of the retail installment contract (in your glovebox). i just got approved, was denied with the no signed copy and intent to register. Luckily my tags and registration came in last week, so o was able to resubmit submitted quickly. took about 4 weeks from original application submission to approval!

For those curious on the current timeline for Oregon rebate processing:
  • 6/7: Took delivery
  • 6/22: Submitted when I got my initial temporary registration
  • 8/2: Denied as they don't accept the temporary registration document
  • 8/2: Submitted permanent registration (Came like a week before the denial.)
  • 8/3: Approved
  • 8/10: Check mailed
  • 8/12: Check received
So, in my case it worked out good to submit before I had the paperwork that they wanted as that burned through the processing queue, so that when I got the correct paperwork it was approved and processed ASAP.

We just bought a Nissan Leaf for my wife, and when applying for the Oregon EV rebate, I noticed that the Tesla Model Y will no longer be eligible for the $2,500 Oregon rebate after the end of this year.

Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 3.40.24 PM.png

• Informative
Reactions: MP3Mike