Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oregon - Clean Vehicle Rebate Program 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered my car back in March, and I took delivery of a MYLR on October 31 2022. The VIN I got is a 2023 year model. I attempted to go to the Oregon Clean Vehicle Program rebate site to fill out an application, but I was only able to select Tesla>Model Y> 2022. They didn't have an option for 2023. I understand that the model Y doesn't qualify for the rebate after December 31st 2022. Since I took delivery before that date, I'm hoping I can still get the rebate. If my VIN was a 2022 VIN, then it wouldn't be an issue, but since it's a 2023 VIN, I am unable to apply. I emailed the OCVRP website and they said that Tesla needs to work with the DEQ to get that model year qualified, or else the rebate won't be allowed to those that took delivery of a 2023 VIN in 2022. Is anyone else going through this? How can we get Tesla to work with the DEQ to get this rebate to more individuals? I would hate to miss out on $2500 just because my VIN happens to be 2023.

Oregon Clean Vehicle Rebate Program website: Oregon Clean Vehicle Rebate Program | Oregon CVRP

Documentation for Qualifying Vehicles: https://evrebate.oregon.gov/sites/default/files/docs/OCVRP_Implementation_Manual.pdf (Page 9, Section B is relevant).

Same thing happened last year for 2022 VINs. It took until about February 2022 for the VIN's to be accepted. I contacted the local service center in December 2021 and they replied that Tesla was aware and working on it.

Same thing happened last year for 2022 VINs. It took until about February 2022 for the VIN's to be accepted. I contacted the local service center in December 2021 and they replied that Tesla was aware and working on it.

I'm just worried that they have a note on the website that specifically says the Model Y isn't accepted after 2022, so I don't think they will do anything retroactive.

I'm just worried that they have a note on the website that specifically says the Model Y isn't accepted after 2022, so I don't think they will do anything retroactive.
Same thing happened to me. I was told by Tesla rep multiple times that if took delivery of 2023 Model Y before end of 2022 then I will be eligible for OCVRP standard rebate of $2500. Based on this, I returned my model 3 leased car early and took delivery of Model Y new lease early November 2022. And then the bad news came, OCVRP staff told me that Model Y with 2023 VINs will not be eligible. I raised this Tesla delivery team, hope they can resolve it soon.

Same thing happened to me. I was told by Tesla rep multiple times that if took delivery of 2023 Model Y before end of 2022 then I will be eligible for OCVRP standard rebate of $2500. Based on this, I returned my model 3 leased car early and took delivery of Model Y new lease early November 2022. And then the bad news came, OCVRP staff told me that Model Y with 2023 VINs will not be eligible. I raised this Tesla delivery team, hope they can resolve it soon.
Glad you raised it with the Tesla delivery team. I've also called them and let them know about the issue. Hopefully if we make enough noise, something will work. Would hate for all the late 2022 deliveries to miss out on this credit.

Same thing happened to me. I was told by Tesla rep that if took delivery before end of year 2022 then I’ll be eligible for the OCVRP standard rebate even if the Model Y vin is 2023. Based on this information, I returned my leased Model 3 early, and took delivery of Model Y (a new lease). When I called OCVRP they said Model Y is not eligible since VIN is 2023. I have requested Tesla delivery team to raise this issue. Hoping they can resolve this soon.

Ordered my car back in March, and I took delivery of a MYLR on October 31 2022. The VIN I got is a 2023 year model. I attempted to go to the Oregon Clean Vehicle Program rebate site to fill out an application, but I was only able to select Tesla>Model Y> 2022. They didn't have an option for 2023. I understand that the model Y doesn't qualify for the rebate after December 31st 2022. Since I took delivery before that date, I'm hoping I can still get the rebate. If my VIN was a 2022 VIN, then it wouldn't be an issue, but since it's a 2023 VIN, I am unable to apply. I emailed the OCVRP website and they said that Tesla needs to work with the DEQ to get that model year qualified, or else the rebate won't be allowed to those that took delivery of a 2023 VIN in 2022. Is anyone else going through this? How can we get Tesla to work with the DEQ to get this rebate to more individuals? I would hate to miss out on $2500 just because my VIN happens to be 2023.

Oregon Clean Vehicle Rebate Program website: Oregon Clean Vehicle Rebate Program | Oregon CVRP

Documentation for Qualifying Vehicles: https://evrebate.oregon.gov/sites/default/files/docs/OCVRP_Implementation_Manual.pdf (Page 9, Section B is relevant).
Welcome to the club. I bought my 2023 Model Y and took delivery this month (NOV2022), which means that I definitely will not be getting any federal tax credits/rebates should they apply after 01/01/2023.

How did you get it to accept a 2023 VIN? Did you put your vehicle year as 2022? I don't see a 2023 option.
I should have been more clear that it was a Model 3 VIN. I understand this was mostly about the MY losing the tax credit, but wanted to respond specifically to the application not accepting any 2023 VINs. It will now, if the car is eligible.

Since when has the base price been under $50k on a Model Y? Not in 2022. I ordered mine in May 2021 and it was over $50k then. If we are talking the sticker price of $40k or so for the "standard range" and then the LR AWD is a $20k "option" then it looks like states are getting wise and saying you have to actually sell the SR for it to qualify as the base price.

Since when has the base price been under $50k on a Model Y? Not in 2022. I ordered mine in May 2021 and it was over $50k then. If we are talking the sticker price of $40k or so for the "standard range" and then the LR AWD is a $20k "option" then it looks like states are getting wise and saying you have to actually sell the SR for it to qualify as the base price.

I think Oregon was just late to wise-up to the fact that the Model Y never retailed for less than $50k in 2022 (i.e. some folks, me included, got lucky).

Tesla did briefly sell a SR Model Y that was eligible in 2021.

I think Oregon was just late to wise-up to the fact that the Model Y never retailed for less than $50k in 2022 (i.e. some folks, me included, got lucky).

Tesla did briefly sell a SR Model Y that was eligible in 2021.
Yes, I am well aware of the SR Model Y since we own one. And it was likely only available to qualify for these programs which is why I am surprised they don’t sell a few hundred each year for “homologation” reasons.

And definitely agree that Oregon is late to the game.

At the end of the day, never believe anything a Tesla salesperson tells you. They don’t know everything and assume things will continue as before. They don’t verify or even say things like “based on the 2022 being eligible, we believe the 2023 will be as well unless the state removes it from their list”. They will say whatever it takes to get you to take delivery.

For those that got 2023 vins, would you have not bought a Tesla due to the lack of $2500 rebate? Taking delivery in 2022 vs 2023 wouldn’t make a difference there.

Reactions: pdx_m3s
I have been so screwed for taking delivery of my 2023 Model Y on November 17, 2022. The Tesla sales person in Portland told me to make sure I take delivery before the end of the year to get the Oregon rebate. I was also blindsided when I tried to apply for the rebate. The third party company doing the rebates told me to send an appeal letter via snail mail to the DEQ. Has anyone done this? Any results?
And then Tesla came out with their own incentive on Dec 16th for a $7500 rebate and 10,000 free supercharger miles. Again screwed!
And now the Model Y price has been reduced by 25%. Again screwed! So, now I have a used Model Y without any rebates that is $20k more than a new one. Yes, I would have waited 2 months.

I have been so screwed for taking delivery of my 2023 Model Y on November 17, 2022. The Tesla sales person in Portland told me to make sure I take delivery before the end of the year to get the Oregon rebate. I was also blindsided when I tried to apply for the rebate. The third party company doing the rebates told me to send an appeal letter via snail mail to the DEQ. Has anyone done this? Any results?
And then Tesla came out with their own incentive on Dec 16th for a $7500 rebate and 10,000 free supercharger miles. Again screwed!
And now the Model Y price has been reduced by 25%. Again screwed! So, now I have a used Model Y without any rebates that is $20k more than a new one. Yes, I would have waited 2 months.
I took delivery on 11/12/2022.

I live in a state with no rebates and no HOV lanes. I got $0 rebates with my purchase.

I took delivery before TESLA offered their year-end discounts.

My 2023 TESLA Model Y has no USS but has virtually every other TESLA feature.

I love my Model Y! ZERO complaints.

Reactions: finman100
From when I placed my Y order on 1/12. When you go to the payment section and hit “show details.”

1674021968004.png