Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oregon - Clean Vehicle Rebate Program 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a bit confused. When reading the website it says the MSRP limit is $60,000. Shouldn't the Y qualify?

(f) For a light-duty zero emission vehicle as defined in 340-270-0030(8)(d)(B), that was purchased or leased on or after January 1, 2022, has a base manufacturer’s suggested retail price of less than $60,000. The manufacturer must have the base MSRP model available for sale and purchase;

I'm a bit confused. When reading the website it says the MSRP limit is $60,000. Shouldn't the Y qualify?

(f) For a light-duty zero emission vehicle as defined in 340-270-0030(8)(d)(B), that was purchased or leased on or after January 1, 2022, has a base manufacturer’s suggested retail price of less than $60,000. The manufacturer must have the base MSRP model available for sale and purchase;

Looks like the limit was updated to $60k for 2023. It was $50k previously. Model Y should qualify now. May just take some time for it to be officially listed, well, because government.

The $60k limit is only for vehicles powered; ”(B) By polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cells or proton exchange membrane fuel cells that use hydrogen fuel and oxygen from the air to produce electricity;”

There was SR AWD for $50,990 for a while
Now prices are up. Think there is little hope for model y credits. I also have the same screenshot as above showing Tesla advertising the credit. Only found out after ordering that it doesn’t quality. My OD is 1/17. EDD just pushed out to 3/12-3/31. Will probably miss Federal at this point and cancel the order.

There was SR AWD for $50,990 for a while
Now prices are up. Think there is little hope for model y credits. I also have the same screenshot as above showing Tesla advertising the credit. Only found out after ordering that it doesn’t quality. My OD is 1/17. EDD just pushed out to 3/12-3/31. Will probably miss Federal at this point and cancel the order.

I ended up cancelling as well, but it wasn’t cost related. I really don’t *need* a Y (I have a 3), and I’d rather wait until Tesla has hashed out a refresh and HW4 first.

I took delivery of a MYLR 2023 VIN in Oct 2022, and didn't get any state or federal rebates/credits. :(
Same—I took delivery of my 2023 Model Y (LR/AWD) in NOV2022 and got totally screwed on both the higher price—having purchased mine before the price drops—and missing out completely on all tax incentives. Oh, well. Really glad that I absolutely love my Model Y.

Got pulled over for speeding in it for the first time yesterday. (I am very cautious and always scanning for cops.) Thankfully, he let me go with a verbal due to my (still) clean record.

Just placed an order with the impression that the Oregon standard $2500 rebate is applied as a point of sale rebate through Tesla. According to the Oregon DEQ, Tesla is a participating dealer and is supposed to apply the rebate at signing and submit application on my behalf; however I received an email from someone at Tesla that said I get the rebate after purchase and submit it myself. Anyone have experience with this?

Just placed an order with the impression that the Oregon standard $2500 rebate is applied as a point of sale rebate through Tesla. According to the Oregon DEQ, Tesla is a participating dealer and is supposed to apply the rebate at signing and submit application on my behalf; however I received an email from someone at Tesla that said I get the rebate after purchase and submit it myself. Anyone have experience with this?
Tesla does not apply it at the point of sale. (It took about 3 months for me to get the rebate check from the state.)

But more importantly they are running out of money for this fiscal year, and are going to put the program on hold starting May 1st. So get your car before April 30th if you want the rebate.

According to the information that I’m seeing on the Oregon.gov website, I don’t believe the 2023 MY is eligible for the rebate in 2023. I attached a screenshot that states the MSRP must be under $50K. I also attached 2 screenshots from the online application form. One screen shot I have MY selected and I am not presented with a 2023 year option, however in the other screenshot, when I select M3, I am able to select 2023 for the year.

If I’m incorrect, please let me know, I’d love to be wrong about this and have my 2023 MYP eligible for the 2023 Oregon tax credit.

Attachments

• C9FB4E86-0736-4596-888D-B7AB1A5E7DC4.jpeg
    C9FB4E86-0736-4596-888D-B7AB1A5E7DC4.jpeg
    112.3 KB · Views: 118
  • 5EFE6C49-C7E4-4ADA-973D-57AE94B0B692.jpeg
    5EFE6C49-C7E4-4ADA-973D-57AE94B0B692.jpeg
    108.3 KB · Views: 36
  • EF826AE3-E363-4E97-A591-0E2016164527.jpeg
    EF826AE3-E363-4E97-A591-0E2016164527.jpeg
    510.8 KB · Views: 43
Tesla does not apply it at the point of sale. (It took about 3 months for me to get the rebate check from the state.)

But more importantly they are running out of money for this fiscal year, and are going to put the program on hold starting May 1st. So get your car before April 30th if you want the rebate.
Thanks for the clarification, I saw that in their site that it ends after April 30th so I jumped on an order. Guess I will just have to wait out the rebates…I’m also eligible for the $5000 rebate since my income qualifies so it’s a no brainer!