Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oregon DMV: Electric cars face higher registration fees

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If they work the same way as metromile, then the obd2 is just a power supply. You can have a 12v to obd2 adapter to power the device. There are also usb to obd2 adapter but not sure if that will work.

One interesting thing is my metromile device in armrest works less accurate than my previous car. Basically I’m being charged less than the actual miles I drive. This seems to be a little like cheating, though not intentional from my side.

If they work the same way as metromile, then the obd2 is just a power supply. You can have a 12v to obd2 adapter to power the device. There are also usb to obd2 adapter but not sure if that will work.

One interesting thing is my metromile device in armrest works less accurate than my previous car. Basically I’m being charged less than the actual miles I drive. This seems to be a little like cheating, though not intentional from my side.
At $.017 per mile, the fee seems like the way to go. It is still far less than the fees charged in Washington.

Last edited: