Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oregon Superchargers (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While this post isn't a traditional "bump" I am interested in asking whether or not folks have any new news about other Oregon Supercharger locations? It seems like their really should be some construction going on if Tesla plans on opening a few more this fall.

In any event, I'm all for more Superchargers in Oregon... it just makes my life easier! Now, lets talk about putting a few in on Hwy 97! I vote for Bend and K-Falls! K-Falls would be awesome for me. I have to drive down there for work every once and a while and there's really no way to charge at this point.

I'm late onto this thread. Just did the search for Oregon superchargers, as I'd like to make it to So. CA before winter this year.

Down 97 is one of our favorite routes also. Not in the immediate future, but eventually I'd like to see one in Biggs as well. Not a lot there except food. However it would make it easy to get from the Spokane area down to Weed on I-5.
Biggs would also be convenient for those connecting from Centralia to down I-84 toward Boise.

Today I sent emails to folks in Douglass and Josephine counties asking about electrical permits for ADK. Here's the conversation with one (the other has yet to reply). I should add that I've replied asking for the location of the Tesla Supercharger... ;)

Hi Phil-

I can tell you that we have this contractor name in our computer system
and permits have been issued in Douglas County. If you want to request
specifics, such as permit numbers and addresses, you'll need to make a
formal request with the County's public information request form. There
may be fees associated with staff time and copying records as well. Call
our office at 541-440-4559 and ask for Suzy or Betty if you want to go
down that path. Thank you.

Aaron Yuma

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 12:54 PM
To: Aaron R Yuma
Subject: Electrical Permit search

Dear Sir/Madame;

I'm trying to find out if the electrical contractor ADK has applied for
any permits in Douglass county and, if so, what they are. Can you give
me that information? If not, what's the best way to go about getting it.

Thanks,

Phil Barnhart

Last edited:
Got this today from Josephine County (Where the theoretical Ashland, OR charger would be):

Phil,

I reviewed our log book for permits from ADK back as far as June 1, 2013 and did not see that they have obtained any electrical permits from our office.

If you have any questions, please contact me.

Audra Wonsyld
Permit Technician II
Josephine County Building Safety

I find it interesting that there isn't a permit their yet but perhaps they're waiting on the more Northernly one to be completed yet.

This CNBC article mentions that an Oregon supercharger is under construction: http://www.cnbc.com/id/101044273
Actually, they don't specify Oregon though that is a reasonable assumption given the CA to Ca comment. ADK built the two WA SCs as well as Woodburn and probably has the contract for the Ellensburg, WA one as well. If you think of it as four more, then it would be Ellensburg, the two southern Oregon I5 ones and the weird "Detroit" charger. Or maybe the last one is the Seattle SC.

Got this today from Josephine County (Where the theoretical Ashland, OR charger would be)

Josephine County is actually where Grants Pass is. Ashland and Medford are in Jackson County; Roseburg and Sutherlin are in Douglas County. I would think that Douglas County would be the most likely location of the supercharger under construction, but it could also be the one on the way to Bend.

Josephine County is actually where Grants Pass is. Ashland and Medford are in Jackson County; Roseburg and Sutherlin are in Douglas County. I would think that Douglas County would be the most likely location of the supercharger under construction, but it could also be the one on the way to Bend.

Ooops, well then it would make sense that they don't have and ADK permits!

- - - Updated - - -

It's easier to just go to the Oregon permit site:

BuildingPermits.Oregon.gov

type in 148882 as the CBB License # for ADK Electric

That site doesn't show any permits issued in Douglass county when the guy there said there were some permits out. Turns out that doesn't have all the counties/cities covered. I haven't gotten anything back from the guy in Douglass county so I'm thinking about calling that number tomorrow.

http://www.oregon-epermitting.info/participating.html

It's easier to just go to the Oregon permit site:

BuildingPermits.Oregon.gov

type in 148882 as the CBB License # for ADK Electric

Either there have been no building permits issued in Roseburg over the last year, or Douglas County does not participate in the statewide database. All the other counties on the I-5 corridor do participate in the state database. Therefore, if there is in fact a supercharger under construction near I-5, it would be in Douglas County (Roseburg or Sutherlin).

Either there have been no building permits issued in Roseburg over the last year, or Douglas County does not participate in the statewide database. All the other counties on the I-5 corridor do participate in the state database. Therefore, if there is in fact a supercharger under construction near I-5, it would be in Douglas County (Roseburg or Sutherlin).

Yep, Douglass County doesn't participate.