Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oregon Travel Recommendations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've posted this over in the Google Tesla Owners Club thread. Sorry for the cross-post, but a lot of people here do not participate in that forum.

After hosting our two grandsons for most of the summer, my wife and I need a vacation. We were thinking about driving from Seattle down to Oregon, possibly the Willamette Valley, and spending three or four days. We've spent a fair amount of time in Portland, and we've driven up and down the I-5 corridor many times, but we have never really explored much of the rest of the state. We like visiting small towns, good restaurants, maybe a winery, and taking walks (but not too ambitious this time). We will be taking the P85 with twin chargers, a Roadster adapter, and a good collection of other adapters and cords.

With that in mind, can anyone recommend an itinerary that would be comfortable with the Model S? For example, if we could find a hotel, inn, or B&B in the Willamette Valley with reasonable charging facilities, we could stay there a couple of nights and do our sightseeing during the day. With the superchargers at Centralia and Woodburn, and with high amp charging in Portland and Eugene, getting there and back should not be a problem. Are there particular sites that we shouldn't miss?

We could also head east toward Bend, which I am told is very nice. However, that may be more of a challenge because of the lack of charging opportunities.

I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks,

Doug

The Oregon Wine Country is one of my favorite areas. Newberg, McMinnville and a bit south closer to Salem have some world class wineries. It's not Napa but it's pretty good. Personally, I like Carlton as a base. Neat little wine town with lots of tasting rooms. There are a number of nice B&Bs in the area and two are within walking distance of the J1772s at city hall (I haven't stayed in either but probably will next trip). Here's a thread I started a while ago though there aren't that many options. But, with the SC at Woodburn open, you might not need much of a charge.

Lots of good restaurants in the area, too. We enjoyed Cuvee in Carlton and Subterra in Newberg last time trip.

If you go, would love to hear about your experiences.

Last edited:
Doug,
Travel Oregon recently released 4 EV Itineraries on their web site and I understand more are to follow. I live in Vancouver, WA and am planning my first trip to the Oregon Coast. There are a few but growing number of public charging stations there.
Here's the link to the current list of itineraries - enjoy.
Phil (Ova-Nee)

Electric Vehicle Itineraries Showcase Sustainable Oregon - Oregon Tourism CommissionOregon Tourism Commission

Thanks so much, Phil (Ova-Nee?). I had been on that site, but I hadn't seen the EV itineraries. This is just what I need.