Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oregon waiting room 2021 Y orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you thought about listing it private party (offer up) (Craigslist)? Cars are selling for crazy prices right now. You wouldn't have to sell but it might get you a bigger number to consider.
I do have to give some value to the convenience factor of being able to drive my car to Portland and hand it off when my MYP is ready - I live a few hours away and don’t want to rely on someone driving me to come get my car when it’s ready. :) I was prepared to do that if the value didn’t come in closer to Carvana and CarMax but Tesla’s was pretty good and went up considerably from the initial offer.
These are the woes of coastal living. 🤣

Reactions: a1machinista1
I do have to give some value to the convenience factor of being able to drive my car to Portland and hand it off when my MYP is ready - I live a few hours away and don’t want to rely on someone driving me to come get my car when it’s ready. :) I was prepared to do that if the value didn’t come in closer to Carvana and CarMax but Tesla’s was pretty good and went up considerably from the initial offer.
These are the woes of coastal living. 🤣
Just so you know caravana has drop off option too in Portland. It’s at Swann Islands and it’s not too far from macadams.

What are you doing drinking coffee in a new car anyway man!

Well hello everyone, i've been lurking for a bit and noticed that tsam23 is a colleague of mine and figured I'd join the party.

Ordered 7/15, profile complete 7/17. MYLR, black on black, Gemini, 5 seats, tow, no FSD and live a few miles from the macadam center. EDD is Oct 9th - 29 and i'm told by my SA I'm soft matched a vin in the middle there. Been struggling as to if i should splurge for the MYP but really don't want to mess with those 21s, they're going to get curbed, can't put all seasons on there, range hit etc. Going to splurge for acceleration boost instead instead of upgrading. Sold my Chevy Bolt the day after the last recall was announced so can't wait for the Y to arrive.

My buddy that works down at OMSI says he usually sees 2x truckloads daily of Model Y's being dropped off over there for receiving and then generally sees younger dudes "flying" across the ross island bridge to the madacam location a few hours later. He mentioned back when the model 3 was new he'd see about 8x trucks a day. Kind of an interesting anecdote i suppose.

Anyway, i'm looking forward to sharing in the mutual suffering with my fellow Oregonians.

What are you doing drinking coffee in a new car anyway man!

Well hello everyone, i've been lurking for a bit and noticed that tsam23 is a colleague of mine and figured I'd join the party.

Ordered 7/15, profile complete 7/17. MYLR, black on black, Gemini, 5 seats, tow, no FSD and live a few miles from the macadam center. EDD is Oct 9th - 29 and i'm told by my SA I'm soft matched a vin in the middle there. Been struggling as to if i should splurge for the MYP but really don't want to mess with those 21s, they're going to get curbed, can't put all seasons on there, range hit etc. Going to splurge for acceleration boost instead instead of upgrading. Sold my Chevy Bolt the day after the last recall was announced so can't wait for the Y to arrive.

My buddy that works down at OMSI says he usually sees 2x truckloads daily of Model Y's being dropped off over there for receiving and then generally sees younger dudes "flying" across the ross island bridge to the madacam location a few hours later. He mentioned back when the model 3 was new he'd see about 8x trucks a day. Kind of an interesting anecdote i suppose.

Anyway, i'm looking forward to sharing in the mutual suffering with my fellow Oregonians.
Hello hello :)

Sold, just buy it for me next time. I'll get ya back
i turned my refresh down to a minute on this page and saw that one instantly when it popped up. instantly clicked it and clicked Tesla listing and it was already gone. i'm not sure how i could have clicked any faster. I wouldn't have bought it though. i've already purchased things to go with a white car. I'm always just curious as to how fast these things are going.

We would ride the train up. I was told I would have to pay a Seattle City vehicle tax. I said a bunch of filthy words in my mind. Plus isn't there some kind of 100 mile limit for a return or reject? We can have it trailered for $500. Going to cost us about $500 any way. May have it trailered. Still waiting for the call back.

We would ride the train up. I was told I would have to pay a Seattle City vehicle tax. I said a bunch of filthy words in my mind. Plus isn't there some kind of 100 mile limit for a return or reject? We can have it trailered for $500. Going to cost us about $500 any way. May have it trailered. Still waiting for the call back.
Wouldn't they transport to Portland ?

Reactions: Funkyjuju
White/black 19" no tow
We would have to add tow so that's an additional $200 over the factory.
I thought they send them here from Seattle for an additional $600-ish. If it's a demo, make sure it's in good shape. I almost bought a white demo from Washington square in June and it was quite beat up in several places. Also I've been trying to buy the tow from Tesla and they have been sold out for weeks.

I haven't had to pay that in the past but i guess technically the dealers were in Lynnwood (University Audi) and Burien (Chevrolet). It seems silly they can't provide an exemption for someone not living in the city of Seattle.