Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oregon waiting room 2021 Y orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine has been jumping back and forth between March/April 2022 and November 2022. EDD now showing November for the past week or so. Cash selected on order, will update to finance when I get a VIN.

OD 11/7 MYLR MSM/Blk, 5 seater, 19" wheels, No hitch, No self-driving

Finally took delivery yesterday. 7/1 OD, placed on hold on 11/17 after receiving initial VIN, hold taken off 1/1. Very few issues and have the updated AMD chip which was a nice bonus of waiting. The guy that delivered it brought up the Oregon rebate, I mentioned concern over whether the 2022 model qualified. He said the DEQ didn’t add 2021 VINs to the database until February last year and that he thought it would still qualify once they got around to updating. Not going to get my hopes up based on that but all of my paperwork lists the base cost as $39,900 with add on for AWD and other options so maybe there’s still a chance. Would be a nice bonus as I had written off that possibility.

Reactions: MP3Mike
Changed Jan 5th. Orig date was October 10th, my rep said it would prob pull in due to mfg uses the original date. Not really sure what that meant except my date pulled in vs LR which was March EDD prior to changing to Performance.

I posted this in another thread too, but I got my VIN today, yay! Delivery says Jan 21-24 for Portland.

VIN is …364xxx

Reactions: tryangles
I got antsy yesterday and chatted a person up on the Tesla site to get a status update on delivery. I ordered a MSM MYP with no other options back in November. I saw my EDD change for the last time on and from Jan 3, to Feb 2-Mar 2. The rep noted I'm currently set for delivery on Feb 11th. Of course on Super Bowl weekend where I'll be traveling out of town. And of course, was then quickly told if I can't pick up the car that weekend I would lose my reservation spot.

We'll see what happens on a real delivery date. After this interaction I'm at a point where I'm done with Tesla expecting for their customer's lives to revolve around their logistics challenges. If Tesla expects me to change my personal travel plans to pick up a car they've changed delivery dates on four times, it's truly a sign to leave the brand all together /rantover.

Last edited:
It’s an F, Fremont car, if that’s what that means. Came very clean, I’m in love.
Awesome!! Glad to hear it came in clean. What I have been reading in other forums is if you have an A, then its coming form Austin and will have the latest battery cells. When did you reserve yours? I reserved mine back ion July last year and still no sign of a VIN. I ordered a While LR, black wheels.

Awesome!! Glad to hear it came in clean. What I have been reading in other forums is if you have an A, then its coming form Austin and will have the latest battery cells. When did you reserve yours? I reserved mine back ion July last year and still no sign of a VIN. I ordered a While LR, black wheels.
Ordered a MYLR in October but switched it to an MYP red/black, no FSD, no hitch Jan 5th.

My SW updated during this first week to v11. I like v11 but maybe I don’t know what I’m missing.

The acceleration is insane, charging has been simple. I’m getting the hang of TACC and lane centering. I am an optimist wrt Tesla’s AI and future acceleration of FSD, and hope to see some of that improvement come back to the standard autopilot. If not, I know the vision tech is in its infancy and if I end up obsolete I’m prepared for it.

Did I say I’m loving the car so far? 😁😁😁

I hope you get yours soon!