Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oregon waiting room 2021 Y orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Choosing to do a wall connector so you can keep the mobile connector in the car is not really a valid reason. In 42k miles of our model 3 we just pulled the mobile connector and put it in the trunk when we needed it. About 4-5 times. If you have a single Tesla I see no reason not to use the mobile connector as your daily charger.
That's what I'll be doing.

I've had:
Nissan Leaf - 2014-2017
Chevrolet Bolt - 2017-2020
Chevrolet Bolt - 2020-2021

and always used the charger that came with the car and perhaps once or twice put it in the car with me. Never had any concern about running out of juice.

That's what I'll be doing.

I've had:
Nissan Leaf - 2014-2017
Chevrolet Bolt - 2017-2020
Chevrolet Bolt - 2020-2021

and always used the charger that came with the car and perhaps once or twice put it in the car with me. Never had any concern about running out of juice.
no clue what i'm going to do. i just got the nema 14-50 installed in my current place since we want to move within the next year. might spring for the wall connector in the future house, but i'm not sure.

no clue what i'm going to do. i just got the nema 14-50 installed in my current place since we want to move within the next year. might spring for the wall connector in the future house, but i'm not sure.
Doc, we used our mobile connector every day for 2 1/2 years. Was never an issue. We had it on a 14-50, it never got hot. I would have gone that way again if we only had one Tesla.

Reactions: Doc_Holliday
Random question for my Oregon friends…was anybody successful in ordering different plates than the standard tree ones during the process? When I took delivery of my 2018 Model 3, it was just never part of the process like it typically is with standard dealerships…seems like they just order the standards and if you want different ones, you just have to pay DMV twice…?

Reactions: Doc_Holliday
Random question for my Oregon friends…was anybody successful in ordering different plates than the standard tree ones during the process? When I took delivery of my 2018 Model 3, it was just never part of the process like it typically is with standard dealerships…seems like they just order the standards and if you want different ones, you just have to pay DMV twice…?
I got that for you.

Tesla PDX stopped signing up for custom plates due to some mishaps - this are words of DA who helped me 2 weeks back on my delivery day. They submit the paperwork to DMV, DMV sends us normal plates. And if we want the custom plates, we order them , take old ones to DMV and pay only the difference (custom plates - old plates).

I got that for you.

Tesla PDX stopped signing up for custom plates due to some mishaps - this are words of DA who helped me 2 weeks back on my delivery day. They submit the paperwork to DMV, DMV sends us normal plates. And if we want the custom plates, we order them , take old ones to DMV and pay only the difference (custom plates - old plates).
And wait twice as long

i am in too.
I got that for you.

i was wondering the same thing. I don't want a custom saying on my plates, but i do want the Smokey The Bear plates.
Couple days :D

@Funkyjuju copy that ?

Fun aside, for me it took about a week to get it here. But every car is different. Wishing you get your car on time.
I'm just happy to have a VIN and know the car is on the way. Once it is here i can finally sell my motorcycle and be all electric.