Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oregon waiting room 2021 Y orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm getting regen braking diminished when parked since the OS update. It goes away quickly.
Not sure if you are aware but as temps go down and state of charge goes up you will get less regen.
Full battery= No/low regen
Cold battery= No/low regen
This is normal if this is what you are referring to?

Not sure if you are aware but as temps go down and state of charge goes up you will get less regen.
I've been reading other threads and most agree that the regen intensity has definitely decreased since two updates ago (2021.32 I think it was). I wish they would bring back the option to set the intensity of regen. I also learned in the other threads that the regen bar shows dots on the left if regen is decreased due to state-of-charge or temperature.

I'm usually at 65% SOC and get the message for what seems at random times. Like I said it doesn't last long and regen kicks back in. Temps have been dropping here in Oregon but I'm talking in the 50s not freezing temps.

Reactions: Funkyjuju
I'm usually at 65% SOC and get the message for what seems at random times. Like I said it doesn't last long and regen kicks back in. Temps have been dropping here in Oregon but I'm talking in the 50s not freezing temps.
Same with me. It gives me that message at random times. Keep an eye on the dots on the left of the regen bar. They are constantly changing to show how much regen is available. The more the line turns to dots, the less regen.

Does any one know if I can use the existing plates of my previous vehicle? Would that save me some amount? I know Tesla won't do the transfer of license plate untill it's a trade in to Tesla. Can we do it ourselves?

So with all the price changes it would seem that the Model Y should no longer qualify for the Oregon $2,500 tax incentive. (Base MSRP limit of $50,000.) But Tesla is still listing it as applicable, and the DEQ site shows the 2021 model year is approved.

The question becomes, when Tesla switches to the 2022 model year, and the base price is currently $56,990, I assume that the 2022 model year Model Y won't be added to the DEQ approved list...

So the question is, do you try to get a Model Y this year, or do you hold out for hope of the $8,000 federal tax credit next year?

Or will Tesla re-introduce the SR+, or LR RWD, in such a way that the LR AWD will still qualify?

Reactions: Funkyjuju
Does any one know if I can use the existing plates of my previous vehicle? Would that save me some amount? I know Tesla won't do the transfer of license plate untill it's a trade in to Tesla. Can we do it ourselves?
I can be done but it won't save you money as tesla portland won't do it at the time of purchase (even though it can legally be done). I still had to pay the 4 year registration fee (close to $1000 in Multnomah County. I'm going to have the plates from my tesla moved over to my wife's jeep and put my Oregon Duck plates on my Tesla. This helps me reclaim some of the lost money as her registration is about to expire...however i wouldn't normally have to buy 4 year registration nor pay the EV surcharge on those tags.

I sent you info in the DM but wasn't aware you were doing this to try and save money....this is mostly for those feeling nostalgic about the plates you have.

Reactions: Vvemp and tsam23
When picking up my wife's Model Y in Portland yesterday, I asked the same question. The Tesla SA submitted the plate transfer to the DMV at delivery time. He said that if DMV accepts the plate transfer, then we will get a $650 refund check from the DMV. Meanwhile, we were instructed to leave the temporary paper "plate" on the back window until we get snail mail from the DMV (in the coming weeks). I was told the same thing (from a different Tesla SA) when I picked up my Model 3 in Portland last Tuesday.

Reactions: Vvemp
When picking up my wife's Model Y in Portland yesterday, I asked the same question. The Tesla SA submitted the plate transfer to the DMV at delivery time. He said that if DMV accepts the plate transfer, then we will get a $650 refund check from the DMV. Meanwhile, we were instructed to leave the temporary paper "plate" on the back window until we get snail mail from the DMV (in the coming weeks). I was told the same thing (from a different Tesla SA) when I picked up my Model 3 in Portland last Tuesday.
Ok Thanks for the info. So Tesla can submit the transfer of plates, it's just they already paid for entire registration earlier but will apply for plate transfer during delivery? Is this correct?

More info on plate transfer from the Northwest SubForum