Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oregon waiting room 2021 Y orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So with all the price changes it would seem that the Model Y should no longer qualify for the Oregon $2,500 tax incentive. (Base MSRP limit of $50,000.) But Tesla is still listing it as applicable, and the DEQ site shows the 2021 model year is approved.

The question becomes, when Tesla switches to the 2022 model year, and the base price is currently $56,990, I assume that the 2022 model year Model Y won't be added to the DEQ approved list...

So the question is, do you try to get a Model Y this year, or do you hold out for hope of the $8,000 federal tax credit next year?

Or will Tesla re-introduce the SR+, or LR RWD, in such a way that the LR AWD will still qualify?
Look at the purchase agreement breakdown. The base price is the amount before the AWD LR option. Well below 50K.

Look at the purchase agreement breakdown. The base price is the amount before the AWD LR option. Well below 50K.
Not on mine:

1635445222701.png

My son is taking delivery of a new 2022 model Y in Oregon and titling it with me (his mother). I live in Michigan. Tesla in Portland says that I must be there to sign the registration and while I want to go visit my son, airfares on short notice are more expensive. I asked if there was a DMV form allowing my son to sign for me and they said that they do not have anything in place for that. Does anyone know if there is a way for me to do this remotely?

My son is taking delivery of a new 2022 model Y in Oregon and titling it with me (his mother). I live in Michigan. Tesla in Portland says that I must be there to sign the registration and while I want to go visit my son, airfares on short notice are more expensive. I asked if there was a DMV form allowing my son to sign for me and they said that they do not have anything in place for that. Does anyone know if there is a way for me to do this remotely?
You would need to give your son limited power of attorney to act as you.

Here is one example where it appears that Tesla facilitated that:

The Tesla center in MD told me they can just send a limited power of attorney for my wife to sign so she doesn't have to be there.

Anybody with a 2022 VIN looked into the status of the Oregon rebate? I went to the site and so far I don’t see 2022 as an option. I’m wondering if the Y is not eligible any longer due to the increases or if they just haven’t updated yet. Presumably the 3 would still qualify based on base MSRP but they don’t have 2022 listed for the 3 either.

I received my VIN last night (7/1 OD) and put my order on hold today, waiting for the tax credit issue to be resolved. I started to wonder if I could still get the Oregon rebate if I took delivery now, would it be worth taking the $2,500 in hand vs the $8,000 in the bush.

Anybody with a 2022 VIN looked into the status of the Oregon rebate? I went to the site and so far I don’t see 2022 as an option. I’m wondering if the Y is not eligible any longer due to the increases or if they just haven’t updated yet. Presumably the 3 would still qualify based on base MSRP but they don’t have 2022 listed for the 3 either.

I received my VIN last night (7/1 OD) and put my order on hold today, waiting for the tax credit issue to be resolved. I started to wonder if I could still get the Oregon rebate if I took delivery now, would it be worth taking the $2,500 in hand vs the $8,000 in the bush.
I have the same confusion, but if you place a model y order on Tesla’s official website, it still shows a 2500 rebate, and these must be delivered in 2022.

I took delivery of a 2022 MYP earlier this week and was surprised to find out the 2022’s are not currently eligible for the OR rebate. Called and they said to keep checking the rebate website for updates. Hopefully there’s not going to be issues with the 2022’s becoming eligible since I’d be applying for the full $5k rebate.

I’m scared that the holdup is that the order agreement lists the price as a whole ($62k) instead of the base price + performance option…

I took delivery of a 2022 MYP earlier this week and was surprised to find out the 2022’s are not currently eligible for the OR rebate. Called and they said to keep checking the rebate website for updates. Hopefully there’s not going to be issues with the 2022’s becoming eligible since I’d be applying for the full $5k rebate.

I’m scared that the holdup is that the order agreement lists the price as a whole ($62k) instead of the base price + performance option…
With Tesla dropping the SR/RWD Y and raising the prices I doubt that a 2022 will ever qualify. (There isn't an under $50k option available to qualify.)

Reactions: TesZombie