Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oregon Waiting Room Q3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
UPDATE: just got off the phone with Portland associate and they said my car was still stuck in Fremont. But he checked for other cars matching my config and one was on its way here that was no longer going to be picked up by the original buyer so he switched it to me! I’m scheduled to get it tomorrow!!! So excited!!!
I knew you had nothing to worry about! Mine might be on the 30th!

Reactions: kylarice
Hi- waited out battery day and am ready to put in my Y order. I thought being 3hrs away from PDX would get an at home delivery, but turns out I’ll need to arrange travel. I see a few recent deliveries occurred. Did you use Tigard or Portland Service Center? Any thing worth a referral between the two?

Spotted a few more truckloads rolling into Portland this afternoon
D441BA9C-3373-430E-9861-9FB2179D7616.jpeg

Picked mine up today as well. No real issues. Found one minor misalign on back door but not enough to bother with. Back seats don’t match up exactly when lift seat backs but readjusts with handle easily. That’s it. Everything else was perfect.View attachment 591891

How'd you adjust the rear seat alignment? Picked up mine on Saturday and that's the only flaw I could find. I scheduled a service appt. They hit me up saying to adjust the center seat, but I could only figure out how to adjust the height, not the angle of the seats. Am I missing something?

IMG_1658.jpeg

How'd you adjust the rear seat alignment? Picked up mine on Saturday and that's the only flaw I could find. I scheduled a service appt. They hit me up saying to adjust the center seat, but I could only figure out how to adjust the height, not the angle of the seats. Am I missing something?

View attachment 592268
The handle on the seat shoulder adjusts the seat backs. Mine looks like yours, where the default is not in line with the other seats. Its like one click off. Use the handle to make them line up

Last edited:
Also curious- what are people doing about front license plates? Abiding by Oregon law or playing dumb? I don't think I recieved a front plate holder from Tesla either, so not sure what to do when I receive the plates.
We asked for the plate frame since we didn't see it intially. They dug thru the car somewhere and produced it. If you didn't get one, get it when you go in for your appt. We have been wondering the same regarding the front plates and have been watching every Tesla that we pass by. Seems like about 70% forego any front plate and 30% do put on the front plate. I went ahead and purchased a Quick Bandit https://www.1975creations.com/?gcli...V8TDq_KcAUqm32zTizKpg5V18axjBGqMaAhVcEALw_wcB which is very similar to the SnapPlate but seems to block the grill less so air can get into the grill. Recent updates, moved the plate even a little higher to block less of the grill. I found someone's referral code "FTG" that took off 10%. I park alot around town and the parking patrol is always around. I'm afraid I would get hit with a ticket.

Picked mine up this morning. Mother Nature was kind enough to schedule a water leak test before I got there. Fortunately it passed the test. Other than the door bottoms being slightly recessed from the rocker panels, everything else looked good!
I have noticed that it takes a pretty good slam to get the doors to fully latch. Not sure if that is an adjustment issue or just good air sealing. Anybody else notice this?

• Love
Reactions: Blue Skye
Not many left here on the Oregon delivery page. Just got a delivery time of 11:00 on the 30thportland. Last but not least right??vin 549**

I’m still left!! Order 9/4 Blue/White with Gemini’s. Still no VIN assigned to me... and I just checked in with my sales advisor and he said he’s been checking every couple hours for me :-/

I really want to add EAP for $4k before that option is gone... but since I’m financing with an out of state credit union it’s going to take at least one day for payment to be sent... if I don’t have a VIN tomorrow I’m not sure EAP is possible :-/

I’m still left!! Order 9/4 Blue/White with Gemini’s. Still no VIN assigned to me... and I just checked in with my sales advisor and he said he’s been checking every couple hours for me :-/

I really want to add EAP for $4k before that option is gone... but since I’m financing with an out of state credit union it’s going to take at least one day for payment to be sent... if I don’t have a VIN tomorrow I’m not sure EAP is possible :-/
Just saw another truckload of Y's rolling into Portland. Hang in there!