Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oregon Waiting Room Q3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just saw another truckload of Y's rolling into Portland. Hang in there!

Something tells me I won’t be getting EAP for $4k... I asked my advisor if they had any MSM or Red cars hanging around (half jokingly) and he mentioned a white/white with inductions... I debated jumping so I could get it in time for EAP, but the potential color mismatch of the white worries me so I held off :-/

Something tells me I won’t be getting EAP for $4k... I asked my advisor if they had any MSM or Red cars hanging around (half jokingly) and he mentioned a white/white with inductions... I debated jumping so I could get it in time for EAP, but the potential color mismatch of the white worries me so I held off :-/
I’m getting the impression that these deals return every so often. I talked to my SA and she said it will probably return but she is pushing for the FSD. She said the prices may change going up or down. I heard some speculation in the forum that price may go down as the competition catches up with Tesla. That doesn’t help if you want it now but my SA (since I’m new to Tesla) said to get to know the car and auto steer and the traffic aware before jumping into FSD. I wanted to get EAP but since I just got my car and still learning it and am retired, so not commuting to work every day, and stuck at home with COVID, I figured I would just chill and see what Elon does with FSD next month.

I’m getting the impression that these deals return every so often. I talked to my SA and she said it will probably return but she is pushing for the FSD. She said the prices may change going up or down. I heard some speculation in the forum that price may go down as the competition catches up with Tesla. That doesn’t help if you want it now but my SA (since I’m new to Tesla) said to get to know the car and auto steer and the traffic aware before jumping into FSD. I wanted to get EAP but since I just got my car and still learning it and am retired, so not commuting to work every day, and stuck at home with COVID, I figured I would just chill and see what Elon does with FSD next month.

I doubt FSD will decrease in price "soon" (probably in a 2 year time frame). You're right that they're going to have to do something as other options start to show up on the market, however, those options still don't work nearly as good as Tesla's system (and you'll learn that Tesla still has a long way to go). It's widely believed Tesla is at least still a couple years ahead of everyone else. If Tesla continues at that pace, they might always be able to demand a higher price, if they start to hit a wall (of which they did and that's why they spent time rewriting the whole software stack from the ground up, which should go live sometime in the next few months) maybe we'll see the price stay the same or lower.

I do think a subscription is likely, but Elon has warned it will always be better to purchase compared to subscribe. I would suspect it'll be fairly expensive when it's released... I wouldn't be surprised if it was $99/mo or something, and even that seems "cheap" compared to $8k. It could be that the subscription only has EAP features right now and not FSD (city street) features once those go live.

I just don't think they'll be able to drastically cut the price without opening themselves to horrible press and possibly lawsuits for everyone that already purchased it and didn't really ever get any features specific to them.

While I tend to agree with your advisor on suggesting you get used to the car, this is a matter of $4,000 difference. If you think you want autopilot to be able to change lanes on highways and freeways to get around slower cars or get you into the right exit lane, and you think summon (car moves to you while you're outside the car) than I would say jump on EAP right now.

I don't think self driving (even with strong driver attention) is prime time yet for city streets. Any pedestrians, slower cars, bikes, etc is going to cause your Tesla to stop or pause or slow down a lot when a human might nudge out of their lane a little to go around a bike or something. There are a number of other little edge cases like that which I think will make FSD on city streets a long work in progress where as on the freeway and divided highways, while not perfect, it works pretty dang good. I can go 150 miles with it not having any problems at all on some routes... but it's annoying having to disable it and reengage again every time I come up to a car that's a little slower that me or something.

(Plus, EAP will continue to get better. Maybe not better features, but it'll be refined more, be more confident in it's moves, etc. To me that's "worth" $4,000 in the sense that I think it'll be at least a year or more before we see any kind of discount again... and honestly COVID might be the reason for this discount. While Tesla did well compared to others, they might still see a yearly revenue shortfall compared to internal targets or the market's prediction and they want to pull every revenue option they have before the end of the year, September 30th.)

Well i guess i get to leave the Oregon waiting room. I took delivery in Portland today and its was as easy as i could have imagined! With a super easy trade in, i was led to a lot with my car just out of the detail area and it is flawless. Absolutely no issues and a heavenly experience. Thank you Tesla good luck to all you ev car pioneers!
When did you order and what config?

Well i guess i get to leave the Oregon waiting room. I took delivery in Portland today and its was as easy as i could have imagined! With a super easy trade in, i was led to a lot with my car just out of the detail area and it is flawless. Absolutely no issues and a heavenly experience. Thank you Tesla good luck to all you ev car pioneers!
Had a similar experience. No issues found on delivery except for maybe hood and back hatch off alignment by a millimeter which is pretty insane to even notice lol. After driving it for a few days all I’ve noticed is a few rattles when hitting speed bumps which I’m sure they can fix. Super happy with the car!

Reactions: MYinBend

Did you pick up your Tesla? I ordered a MSM, black interior, inductions, no tow hitch, and no FSD. I got a call on Thursday saying there I could pick up on Sunday. I declined, because I wasn't ready. If you haven't picked one up yet, give them a call and they should be able to match you.

Did you pick up your Tesla? I ordered a MSM, black interior, inductions, no tow hitch, and no FSD. I got a call on Thursday saying there I could pick up on Sunday. I declined, because I wasn't ready. If you haven't picked one up yet, give them a call and they should be able to match you.

I did not.... bye bye EAP :(

I texted my advisor yesterday checking for an update and he said just about everyone left waiting are waiting for blue.... so there must have been some issue out of the factory with blue, or a big misjudgment on how popular blue was/is going to be.

I asked about any red/white combo and my advisor said Portland just had Performances hanging around and all had black interiors... I hate to bug him daily, but maybe I'll text today to see if there are any MSM/white or Red/white LR versions there right now... I don't know, I've missed my chance for EAP so maybe I'll just wait for blue.

Man.... Washington Square (in Portland) has a MSM/White Performance with 3,700 miles on it but no curb rash for a $2,840 discount. Since I was going to buy the acceleration upgrade anyway for the LR that's essentially a $4,840 "discount" (the $2,840 discounted for being a demo and the $2k I set aside away for acceleration boost). That means the difference in price between my LR and a Performance would only be $5,160 if I didn't mind the demo/mileage on it and dealt with the Uberturbines. Man I wish they didn't only come with summer tires... I can't seem to sell those for $3k which is about the price of 19" wheels/TPMS/tires....

I can't run the ubers here in WA since by December temps will be below 40F routinely.... and the Performance would push my budget already which means turning around to spend $1k plus find a buyer for the Ubers just to get 19 inch wheels would be tough for me... Damn damn damn, lol

Man.... Washington Square (in Portland) has a MSM/White Performance with 3,700 miles on it but no curb rash for a $2,840 discount. Since I was going to buy the acceleration upgrade anyway for the LR that's essentially a $4,840 "discount" (the $2,840 discounted for being a demo and the $2k I set aside away for acceleration boost). That means the difference in price between my LR and a Performance would only be $5,160 if I didn't mind the demo/mileage on it and dealt with the Uberturbines. Man I wish they didn't only come with summer tires... I can't seem to sell those for $3k which is about the price of 19" wheels/TPMS/tires....

I can't run the ubers here in WA since by December temps will be below 40F routinely.... and the Performance would push my budget already which means turning around to spend $1k plus find a buyer for the Ubers just to get 19 inch wheels would be tough for me... Damn damn damn, lol

How bad was the curb rash? :D

Maybe I'll take a look.