TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Origin book by Dan Brown

Discussion in 'Model X' started by [email protected], Oct 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ATC@LWSK

Picked up the latest book by Dan Brown (self proclaimed not-a-car-guy praising his Model X in a recent interview), author of Da Vinci Code, Inferno, Angels and Demons etc.

In the book, one of the the main characters, Edmond Kirsch, futurist and entrepreneur, has a Model X P90D. Very positive mention of Tesla and its features (summon, Autopilot, Ludicrous acceleration etc).

But you know the book is fictitious when it says, quote: "... his favorite sports car - a Tesla Model X P90D that Elon Musk had allegedly hand-delivered to him as a gift..." :)

The book appears to be average, but mentioning Tesla takes it one level above average.

• Like x 2
  2. Mrcook4590

Mrcook4590 Member

Almost bought it the other day. I'll have to go back to the bookstore! Yeah, "as a gift" gave it away as fiction! Lol!!!

3. Carl

Carl Supporting Member

The fun thing is that Kirsch, via a hack, managed to make FSD work !

Well it is fiction after all :)

4. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Science Fiction is sometimes call Speculative Fiction. Sounds right to me for this one... :D

5. umeshunni

umeshunni Member

Dan is also a Model X owner. Here's a quote from a recent profile of him in the NYT:

The World According to Dan Brown

"Mr. Brown does not have a lot in common with Edmond Kirsch, the futurologist and entrepreneur of his book, but they do share a car: the Tesla Model X, the least expensive version of which costs about $80,000. Among other things, it can drive and park itself.

[...] he bought a Lexus hybrid SUV, and then after that a Tesla sports car, which also did not sit easily with him.

“I felt like a jerk,” he said. “ I felt like I needed a gold chain and a ponytail or something. This one feels like the minivan of Teslas.”

He and I got into the car, which indeed looked kind of minivan-esque until it accelerated from 0 to 60 in under three seconds, right in the (not very long) driveway, and then switched lanes by itself on the highway."

• Like x 1