Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Original Menlo Park location demolished?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For fun I was on Google Maps seeing what the store looked like today... It appears it's been wiped from the face of the Earth. How sad. Up until earlier this year you could still see the concrete ramp Tesla added in front to drive cars into the "showroom".
Screenshot_20190824-104802_Maps.jpg
Screenshot_20190824-104750_Maps.jpg

Thx for digging up that video! I honestly didn't want it to end :D You should definitely add it to the Roadster Videos thread @DrivingTheFuture! Speaking of that thread...

...posting a couple other clips that feature the Menlo Park store here and here.

There's something about the simplicity of just having the ambient walla of the building and the muffled street noise against all those awesome cars that totally captures the nostalgia of early Tesla. The Roadster is still one gorgeous and captivating vehicle!

And finally, a photo of what I believe to be my car parked outside and being taken out for a test drive back in 2011...

6958ae50f3e492e11ed2ac5d990e2a47.jpg

tesla roadster cars convertible electric

• Love
Reactions: DrivingTheFuture
Thx for digging up that video! I honestly didn't want it to end :D You should definitely add it to the Roadster Videos thread @DrivingTheFuture! Speaking of that thread...

...posting a couple other clips that feature the Menlo Park store here and here.

There's something about the simplicity of just having the ambient walla of the building and the muffled street noise against all those awesome cars that totally captures the nostalgia of early Tesla. The Roadster is still one gorgeous and captivating vehicle!

And finally, a photo of what I believe to be my car parked outside and being taken out for a test drive back in 2011...

6958ae50f3e492e11ed2ac5d990e2a47.jpg

tesla roadster cars convertible electric

Thank you! I wish I lived near there... I'd hop that fence and grab a piece of the rubble.

Google Street View as of today has some kind of Back to the Future space/time continuum paradox going on because you can see the old building from some angles but if you proceed up/down the street, the building at 300 El Camino Real Menlo Park, CA 94025 appears and then disappears :eek:

Google Maps

IMG_7525.jpeg
IMG_7526.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: DrivingTheFuture
Reactions: tvuolo
Here's a different view of the Menlo Park store. This is the back side; the building in the foreground is the small auxiliary building to the south where the battery and drivetrain were installed in new cars for delivery. The car is my #33 as it rolled out for its first test drive. My wife and I had sat in the car at the end of the assembly line in the Lotus factory in Hethel, England 12 days earlier. The car arrived in Menlo Park by air freight before we returned home from our vacation. We then went to Menlo Park to ask if we could see our car. We were told that was not possible, but we snuck around the back just in time to see our car pulling out of the garage. We asked the driver if it was #33, and he responded, "How did you know?"
first-drive-33.jpg

Here's a different view of the Menlo Park store. This is the back side; the building in the foreground is the small auxiliary building to the south where the battery and drivetrain were installed in new cars for delivery. The car is my #33 as it rolled out for its first test drive. My wife and I had sat in the car at the end of the assembly line in the Lotus factory in Hethel, England 12 days earlier. The car arrived in Menlo Park by air freight before we returned home from our vacation. We then went to Menlo Park to ask if we could see our car. We were told that was not possible, but we snuck around the back just in time to see our car pulling out of the garage. We asked the driver if it was #33, and he responded, "How did you know?"View attachment 446173
I can almost smell that new car smell (I'll never know what new roadster smells like) and look at those pristine brake rotors and that new silky smooth soft top ;)