Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Original Purchase Price of Car replaced by Model 3

What was the original new purchase price of the car replaced by the M3

• <$35k

• $35-39k

• $40-44k

• $45-49k

• >$50k

• First car/additional car

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have to say I'm a little surprised that the chart looks similar to Tesla's (although the upper end is higher than Tesla had). The $5k brackets due make the middle options smaller but I wanted to match the brackets Tesla used.

Once thing I did notice from the comments, there are many people that have had their cars for 10+ years. Naturally, cars were less expensive in the day (due to inflation and more features in newer cars). A car that would have been $30k in 2005, could be $40k now. I had a BMW 3-series in 2004 that was in the low $30ks "loaded."

I didn't trade in but I replaced a 2003 vw wagon tdi. It had 250000 miles on it and was very rusty from sea kayaking. I will probably sell on craigslist for $500. I got a lr m3 with eap. 56k. It needed replacing for about a year but I hung on till the 3 was available.

I have to say I'm a little surprised that the chart looks similar to Tesla's (although the upper end is higher than Tesla had). The $5k brackets due make the middle options smaller but I wanted to match the brackets Tesla used.

Once thing I did notice from the comments, there are many people that have had their cars for 10+ years. Naturally, cars were less expensive in the day (due to inflation and more features in newer cars). A car that would have been $30k in 2005, could be $40k now. I had a BMW 3-series in 2004 that was in the low $30ks "loaded."

FWIW I adjusted my previous car for inflation to 2018 dollars before picking an answer because I am a $ nerd