Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Original Tesla Roadster to Mennekes type 2 cable, as bood as new - SOLD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Original Tesla Roadster to Mennekes type 2 cable, as bood as new

As good as new 32A capable Roadster to Mennekes type 2 cable.

Sending internationally is possible.

List Date: 1/3/2015

For more info, click here to view the original listing: Original Tesla Roadster to Mennekes type 2 cable, as bood as new
--------------------------------------
SOLD

browseformore.png
--------------------------------------
tesla-motors-club.gif

€800 is a bit steep. You can get a brand new Can from Henry Sharp and a Type 2 cable for the same price and giving more flexibility.

I also sold a lot of Type 2 to Roadster cables rated for 70A, including 2 in the last week (after not selling any for more than 6 mo). They sold for a little more than €800 but a lot less than €1250.

that is because we now figured out to trick the charger to go over 32A - a minor modification in the Mennekes adapter - you could do it during assembly even.
Works fine with the higher capacity type 2 stations

(does this move me up in your order queu ?):wink:

that is because we now figured out to trick the charger to go over 32A - a minor modification in the Mennekes adapter - you could do it during assembly even.
Works fine with the higher capacity type 2 stations

(does this move me up in your order queu ?):wink:

LOL.:smile: I'm curious how you draw more than 32A from a 32A charger? Or do you mean that you change the resistor in the cable so it senses that it's a larger cable? Don't start a fire!

Another good solution would be to trick the 32A chargers that limit single phase usage to 16A, so they allow all 32A. If I lived in The Netherlands I would find a way around this...

LOL.:smile: I'm curious how you draw more than 32A from a 32A charger? Or do you mean that you change the resistor in the cable so it senses that it's a larger cable?

There are 43 kW chargers around that normally don't give more than 32A single phase but if you work on the connector or the resistor, they give you 64A single phase...(now does that move me up in your order queue ?)..