Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Orlando - Miami - Model 3 where to stop?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nav tries to take me i95 but I think Turnpike is a lot better and faster so that's what I take. Definitely Fort Drum because of the direct on off ramp, no time lost. Quick coffee/restroom and you have plenty charge for the remainder of the trip

if a supercharging station says 120kwh limit, does that mean you can only charger 120kw per stop?

Fort Drum Supercharger | Tesla
You've got your energy and power units mixed up. The superchargers have 120 kW limit (not kWh)- that means maximum power output of 120 kW (which you would only come close to if you start with an almost depleted battery). This compares to some urban superchargers which have a maximum power output of 72 kW. It has nothing to do with how much energy you add to your battery, which is measured in kWh.

if a supercharging station says 120kwh limit, does that mean you can only charger 120kw per stop?

Fort Drum Supercharger | Tesla

That will be my first long drive when I get my Model 3 next month. Orlando to Ft Drum is only a 2 hour drive using 417 and then the turnpike. That's an easy drive. A good way to test out autopilot. My 2nd favorite thing about Ft. Drum is that they have a Cheeburger Cheeburger which is one of my favorite burger places. The only one I have been to is on Sanibel Island.