TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Orlando tint/protection recommendations.

Discussion in 'Florida' started by mgodfre3, Aug 10, 2014.

1. mgodfre3

mgodfre3 Member

Im planning on buying an inventory model in Orlando as soon as it times out, but won't be able to get the paint armor installed at the SC. Does anyone have any suggestions for a clear paint armor alternative and Im looking to get a great tint job as well, may be slightly less then legal in FL so if anyone knows someone who goes darker that would be helpful also. Thanks.

2. jswanner

jswanner Member

Were you able to find a place you were happy with? I've currently waiting for my Model S to be delivered, and I'm wanting to do the same once I receive it.

3. Madartist

Madartist Member

Pete Borras at fipremierdetailing.com has a shop in Tampa as well, which is not far from you. He does a great job. Check out other FL threads on this past work. He offers a new car prep package which including tinting. Give him a call.

4. cjessup

cjessup Member

I used Tom Burns at A-Action Window Tinting on Old Cheney a few weeks ago. He was referred to me by my brother in law. He was a nice guy and did great work.

(407)273-3904

5. First Impression

First Impression Local Vendor - Florida

Serving Tampa, Sarasota & Southwest Florida
    Hi, I am Pete Borras, I own a studio in Tampa where we do Paint Protection Film aka clear bra or paint armor and we also do window tinting. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Thank you for the recommendation Steve

6. FloridaGary

FloridaGary Member

For those of you who are in the Orlando area and looking for window tinting, the forum sponsor First Impressions has impressive customer feedback, but if you are not interested in the 2 hour drive to the Tampa area, orlandowindowtint.com in Altamonte Springs is highly recommended.

http://www.orlandowindowtint.com/

7. Lawsteve

Lawsteve MCATDT

Gary, you need to punch that go pedal a little harder..................

8. jbcarioca

jbcarioca Active Member

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and Coral Gables, FL
    I am late to this thread but...I strongly recommend Pete. He is not cheap but he is meticulous and does outstanding work that pays long term benefits. My car is on his list. It had numerous paint problems that he resolved. It now, six months later, draws comments regularly. The oddest comment came from a Tesla Service Center in Ohio; I was asked by a Tesla tech if I had done a custom paint job.

9. FloridaGary

FloridaGary Member

Now that sounds like fun. Hopefully that go pedal will be under my foot before the end of Dec. [emoji1]